• Version 1.2 Launch Price — 40% Off •
Dropshelf gives you a handy place to put files, images, text and web links. Just drag an item to the edge of the screen, and Dropshelf slides out.
Use Dropshelf to hold your items while you drag them between different windows, tabs, full screen apps and spaces.
You can also store things in Dropshelf to keep for later. You can have multiple shelves, and they will minimize out of view when not in use.
It supports copy and paste too, so you can save your clipboard contents to Dropshelf. It is also integrated with OS X in other thoughtful, workflow-enhancing ways — check out the User Guide for some tricks and tips.
Welcome to a huge Dropshelf update!
"Open With" in Finder now works to to send files to Dropshelf.
New user interface features:
• Minimizable shelves: Inactive shelves now automatically slide out of view until needed.
• File name display: The file name (or other description of the contents) is now shown in the menu button on the shelf.
• Color schemes: Choose from subtle gray and calming blue themes, as well as the default yellow and black.
• Screen edge exclusion: Added a preferences option to choose which sides of the screen will trigger a shelf.
New commands in the main menu:
• Added “New Shelf” command to the main menu, which creates a new empty shelf.
• Also added “New Shelf from Clipboard”, which pastes the current clipboard contents into a new shelf.
• Added “Reopen Last Shelf”, which reopens the most recently closed shelf.
Integration with other apps:
• Dropshelf now has an OS X Services menu item: "Send to Dropshelf”, which works with both files and text.
• Dropshelf now appears in the "Open With" menu in Finder.
• You can add Dropshelf as a printing workflow target, and as an output target in apps such as Hazel.
• Added a URL scheme for creating new shelves.
• URLs on a shelf are now treated as their own special type, with a custom thumbnail showing the address.
• Added "Open" command for URLs.
Text files and clippings:
• You can now convert a text clipping to a file, right there on the shelf.
• Conversely, you can drag a text file onto the shelf and load its contents as a text clipping.
More data types:
• Colors: You can now drag colours from a colour picker into and out of Dropshelf.
• .textClipping files dropped into Dropshelf automatically turn into text clippings.
• .webloc files dropped into Dropshelf are treated as URLs.
• Improved dragging detection makes it easier to trigger a new shelf.
• When a file or a URL is on the shelf, you can now double click it to open it.
• Added a “Paste” command to the shelf context menu.
• Speed and responsiveness improvements.
Thanks to everyone who got in touch to suggest these new features. Please keep the feedback coming! To get in touch, email email@example.com or tweet @pilotmoon. I'd love to hear from you.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 25, 2014
- Pilotmoon Software
- 1.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (3)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (28)