Disk Drill Media Recovery
Mac OS Utilities
Disk Drill Media Recovery is the most user-friendly data recovery app for Mac.
Starting with version 2.0 it can get your data back from any byte-by-byte disk image. The following disk images are supported: DMG, ISO, IMG. Data recovery is easy as always, just 3 simple steps: #1 create the disk image (using Disk Utility, for example); #2 load it in Disk Drill; #3 hit Recover.
Disk Drill can recover your lost pictures and photos, music, documents, applications, videos and other data. "Quick Scan" and "Search for lost partitions" are capable of recovering previously deleted data if its meta-data is still stored in the file system, or can be reconstructed. Alternatively, "Deep Scan" works on a lower level and analyzes disks as binary entities; it can get your data back based on file signatures, however, original file names, locations and properties might be unrecoverable.
Disk Drill Media Recovery supports all known file systems: HFS, HFS+, FAT16 and FAT32, NTFS, EXT3, EXT4 and will even work with raw disk images. If your data is still there and recoverable, Disk Drill will get it back for you.
Any internal and external media can be saved as a disk image for data recovery: your Mac hard drive, any disk you can mount to your Mac... USB flash thumb drives, cameras, card-readers, external hard drives, iPods (Shuffle, Nano, Classic, Mini), mobile phones, other Macs connected in target mode, etc.
Disk Drill Media Recovery is produced by CleverFiles, a well-known brand in data recovery apps for Mac OS X for many years now. You can be sure you are getting a quality product with endless possibilities. Remember to always drop us a line if you have any questions about Disk Drill at firstname.lastname@example.org
!! Please Note: Disk Drill Media Recovery cannot recover data from any iOS devices like iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad.
** Extra features **
- Flexible filters for searching & sorting of found files
- Live preview before scanning is complete
** How to create a disk image **
Disk Drill Media Recovery, the App Store version of the award-winning Disk Drill data recovery technology, uses uncompressed (byte-by-byte) disk images as the source for data recovery. Here's how you can create them really simple:
1. Run Disk Utility, it's a standard Mac OS X app.
2. Go to File > New > Disk Image from "YOUR_DISK_NAME".
3. Choose "read-write" as your Image format. Do not choose "Compressed", or lost data will not be copied.
4. Set encryption to "none".
5. Save your disk image, and load it in Disk Drill Media Recovery when done.
Check this tutorial to learn how to recover your data fast and effortlessly: http://cleverfiles.com/masver
Some real-life reviews from our clients:
"I deleted by mistake M2T file 6 months ago. I bought Disk Drill and MIRACLE, I regained all my lost files" - Christophe Esteve
"In the past I have tried various recovery software packages but Disk Drill is so simple to use, there is no great learning curve, and it works every time for me" - Deda Arbez
"I have successfully used Disk Drill to recover 7 gigs of my videos which were deleted by mistake" - bonnycalvin
"I was in need to recover defect files and/or applications and it went fast and easy. Much better than anything else I tested. This App is a must for everyone." - WebFox
If you are upgrading from Disk Drill Media Recovery 1.8, make sure you get acquainted with our new data recovery tutorial: http://cleverfiles.com/masver
- Completely redesigned UI.
- Universal partition search: this function allows you to recover partitions on HFS+, FAT and NTFS file systems.
- Scan for lost HFS+ partition: this recovery method finds and recovers HFS+ partitions that have been reformatted.
- “Allocate existing file system data” is a new scan type that shows existing data on a loaded media using Disk Drill’s unique reading algorithms.
- Better filtering: The algorithms for filtering out hidden and system files in the scanning results have been improved.
- Optimized scanning results: The scanning results view now includes more information and the results can be viewed, scrolled and sorted much more quickly.
- A ton of new file signatures for Deep Scan: TAX (TurboTax files), TS (Video Transport Stream Files), R3D files (Red camera images), and many more.
- Better recovery of PSD files with deep and quick scanning.
- Improved recovery of Adobe InDesign (.INDD) and Nikon Raw Image files (.NEF).
- Recovery of updated Numbers, Pages, Keynote packaged file formats.
- Better dates for found files: Disk Drill now keeps the original creation date when found items are recovered.
- Better names for files found with Deep Scan.
- Better detection of lost partitions: Disk Drill is now better at detecting corrupted lost partitions during scanning.
- Already recovered files are marked green if you get back to scanning results.
- Recoverable files can now be previewed with hex view (highlight a file in scan results and use the Alt+Space keyboard shortcut or click the special hex view icon).
- Lost partitions are now automatically expanded into readable file structures in the scan results.
- Improved support of the latest Mac OS X updates (including Yosemite).