Have two computers? Ever wish you had an extra computer display? There's an app for that! With Air Display, you can turn your Mac into a wireless display, to extend the desktop of your other Mac or Windows computer.
Developed by Avatron Software, home of the popular Air Sharing and Air Login apps for iOS, Air Display lets you position your Mac next to your other computer, drag windows onto it, and interact with those windows as you would on any other computer display.
— FEATURES —
• Air Display's performance is extremely responsive, employing a unique dynamic compression algorithm. On a typical Wi-Fi network, mouse cursor refreshes are indistinguishable from a wired mouse.
• You can choose to connect automatically to Air Display every time you launch the app.
• Can connect over Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
• Runs full-screen or in a window.
— INSTALLATION —
(1) Purchase this app from the Mac App Store on the Mac that you want to use as a second monitor.
(2) When you first launch Air Display, it will present easy instructions for installing the drivers on your other computer.
(Are you are trying to connect a Mac to a mobile device? If so, you don't need this app. This is for using a Mac as a second monitor for another computer. You just need the free Air Display drivers from getairdisplay.com.)
— APP COMPATIBILITY —
If your Mac supports the Mac App Store, it can run the Air Display app.
— DRIVER COMPATIBILITY —
The drivers for your main computer may run on Mac OS X or Windows:
MAC OS X
The Mac Air Display drivers require Mac OS X 10.7 or later.
The Windows Air Display drivers require Windows 7 or 8 (32-bit or 64-bit).
Both computers must be connected to the same local network, either Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 18, 2013
- Avatron Software, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (124)
- 3.2 MB