myOSM is an online and offline viewer for various map types such as OpenStreetMap, Cloudmade and OpenCycleMap. myOSM can also show your current location on the map.
There are some major advantages over the corresponding webpages:
* The maps can be accessed if not being connected to the internet.
* The various map types can be accessed within the same GUI.
* Bookmarks for easy access of often used locations
* Nearly fullscreen view of the maps.
* Maps can be saved for future usage.
* You can see your current location on the map.
The maps are stored locally on the harddrive and can also be used when being offline. You can download the maps at different zoom levels for the selected map region. Using this feature you can download a map e.g. before going on a trip.
myOSM provides a bookmark feature for easy access to often used locations. You can also search for locations and the map can be saved to a file or sent to a printer.
Currently, myOSM supports the following map types:
* OpenStreetMap - Mapnik (Retina optimized)
* OpenStreetMap - Cloudmade
* OpenStreetMap - MapQuest
* NASA BlueMarble
- Support for Retina displays
- New map server with high resolution OpenStreetMap data
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 21, 2012
- Dirk Stichling
- 2.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.00 (9)