PhotoDesk - for Instagram
** The BEST Mac App for Instagram! **
View, like, comment, and download Instagram pictures/videos! (NO Uploads! / Image Posting! Instagram forbids that! AND you *need* an *existing* Instagram account). But you can do so much more:
Of all Mac clients, Photodesk allows you to use the most features of Instagram on your Mac and even exceeds Instagram’s functionality.
- Video Support
- See Pictures on a Map
- Search for Places
- Save Images / Videos
- Comment Templates
- Fantastic, modern UI, optimized for Mac OS X Yosemite
"PhotoDesk provides a slick, simple, desktop way to view and appreciate the photos of others."
* Instagram features:
Know what your friends are up to
View your friend’s feed, pictures, comments, profiles and followers
* React to your friends posts
Comment and like pictures
Share pictures on Facebook, Twitter and per Email
See which comments you replied to, star comments, search within comments, and much more.
* Save pictures and Videos
Download pictures and videos easily through drag and drop
Save beautiful pictures in albums
Or sync your images automatically to a folder
* Receive News and Notifications
See when you get new comments, likes, or followers
* Administer your circle of friends
Follow and unfollow people.
See friendship requests and allow or deny them
Place favorite tags in the sidebar, automatically see if there're new images tagged with that tag.
Search tags, save favorite tags, see related tags
***** NO PICTURE UPLOAD POSSIBLE because it is forbidden by Instagram****
***** YOU NEED AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO USE THIS APP******
- Select Favorite Friends
Your news feed is too cluttered? Manage huge amounts of followers by picking 'Favorite Friends', close friends whose updates you want to see immediately
* Search & Filter Facilities
Photodesk 3 offers a fantastic search engine to comb through vast amounts of images. You can now create specific searches for every aspect of an image so that you can find the proverbial needle in the haystack.
* Slide Shows
View pictures in beautiful slide shows
* Support for multiple accounts
Just switch to a different account easily, without having to enter a password again.
* Privacy Support
Automatically log out of Instagram/PhotoDesk with all your accounts when you close the app.
* See a huge amount of images at the same time
Automatically load many images up front to sort or search them
* Fasttrack liking
Quickly like an image by hovering over it and clicking a small heart icon. Instagram limits third party apps like Photodesk to 100 likes per hour
* Fast User Preview
Easily preview a user account without entering it. A small popup will appear that shows you the gist about this user.
* Different view modes
See pictures just as you need them: small icons, medium icons, big icons, feed or detailed view
Sort and structure Favorite Friends, Favorite Tags, Favorite Places, and Favorite Images into Folders
* Yosemite Today Widget
You can now see the six most recent feed images in the Notification Center, utilizing the brand new Yosemite Today Widget extension.
The last 250 images or user profiles that you visited are stored in a visual history which makes it easy to find that one image again.
* Sync Finder Tags
Every image/video you put into a folder is automatically stored on disk and Finder tags will be added for the album's name and any folder that the album is in. This makes it easy to find items that you downloaded right in the Finder with specific tags applied to them.
"With slick animations throughout, comment intergration and more, Photodesk is a fine addition to your Mac software collection."
"Overall, this application is gorgeous, and I can’t wait until Instagram changes their policy so I can actually upload photos from my Mac!"
- Statistics: Quickly see how your account is performing with the built-in statistics
- Secure Networking: Due to a secure networking layer, the app supports more likes / comments per hour again
- Yosemite UI: The complete UI has been revamped, many views have been completely rewritten to make use of all the cool Yosemite features. However, Photodesk also looks really good on Mavericks and Mountain Lion.
- Sidebar Folders: You can create folders in the sidebar to sort and structure your Favorite Images, Favorite Friends, Favorite Tags and Favorite Places
- History: The last 250 images or user profiles that you visited are stored in a visual history, which makes it easy to find that one image again.
- Yosemite Today Widget: You can now see the most recent feed images in the Notification center
- Sync Finder Tags: Every image/video you put into a folder is automatically stored on disk and Finder tags will be added for the album's name and any folder that the album is in. This makes it easy to find items that you downloaded right in the Finder with specific tags applied to them. You can activate this in the preferences under advanced.
- Search & Filter Facilities: You can refine very detailed and specific searches on image sets (Only images shot after date xx and before date xy, only with tagged users, only those which contain this text, etc). You can find this functionality in the filter popup, under "Custom Search".
- Integrated news: Instagram news, Photodesk news, Favorite Friends updates, new follow requests, it's all in one handy news interface now.
- Integrated Search: Just type something into the new search bar at the top, it will search for tags, locations and users with that name.
- Zoom: Images in Detail View can now be zoomed either by pinching or by using the buttons or shortcuts
- Retina: Far improved Retina support. On Retina systems, images will now be displayed in high resolution (if possible).
- Faster networking: I spend more time analyzing and optimizing the networking engine, and the results are blazing fast.
- Grouping: If you enter the feed, the images are now grouped by date. Images in any view can be grouped by date or username in the filter popup.
- Completely Revamped & Rewritten Tag & Location Views: These two views have been completely rewritten, and they're just so much better.
- New shortcuts (consult the help page)
- Added an easy way to see the actual date / time when an image / video or a comment was posted (for comments, context click the profile image of the comment)
- See people tagged in an image in the detail view by hovering over the image
- The now Feed only reloads if there're new items, and can reload every 15seconds
- New Sidebar: There's an entirely new sidebar that looks a lot cleaner and is a joy to use. The old sidebar is still available via the small button at the bottom right of the new sidebar
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 4 days ago
- Social Networking
- Benedikt Terhechte
- 8.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (8)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (1996)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Lex Lactose
• OweMe - Lending Manager