PhotoDesk - The Best Instagram Desktop Client!
** The BEST Instagram Desktop Client **
View, like, comment, and download Instagram pictures/videos!! (NO Uploads! / Image Posting! Instagram forbids that! AND you *need* an Instagram account). But you can do so much more:
Of all Mac clients, Instagram allows you to use the most features of Instagram on your Mac and even exceeds instagram’s functionality.
"PhotoDesk provides a slick, simple, desktop way to view and appreciate the photos of others."
* Instagram features:
Know what your friends are up to
View your friend’s feed, pictures, comments, profiles and followers
* React to your friends posts
Comment and like pictures
Share pictures on Facebook, Twitter and per Email
See which comments you replied to, star comments, search within comments, and much more.
* Save pictures and Videos
Download pictures and Videos easily through drag and drop
Save beautiful pictures in albums
Or Sync your images automatically to a folder
* Receive News and Notifications
See when you get new comments, likes, or followers
* Administer your circle of friends
Follow and unfollow people, also mass operations for multiple at once
See friendship requests and allow or deny them
Place favorite tags in the sidebar, automatically see if there're new images tagged with that tag.
Search tags, save favorite tags, see related tags
***** NO PICTURE UPLOAD POSSIBLE because it is forbidden by Instagram****
(only the iPhone app allows you to upload pictures)
***** YOU NEED AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO USE THIS APP******
* Extra features
- Select Favorite Friends
Your news feed is to cluttered? Manage huge amounts of followers by picking 'Favorite Friends', close friends whose updates you want to see immediately
* Slide Shows
View pictures in beautiful slide shows
* Support for multiple users
Just switch to a different user easily, without having to enter a password again.
* Privacy Support
Automatically log out of Instagram/PhotoDesk with all your accounts when you close the app.
* See a huge amount of images at the same time
Automatically load many images up front to sort or search them
* Fasttrack liking
Quickly like an image by hovering over it and clicking a small heart icon. There is no need to open each image individually
* Fast User Preview
Easily preview a user account without entering it. A small popup will appear that shows you the gist about this user.
* Different view modes
See pictures just as you need them: small icons, medium icons, feed or detailed view
"With slick animations throughout, comment intergration and more, Photodesk is a fine addition to your Mac software collection."
"Overall, this application is gorgeous, and I can’t wait until Instagram changes their policy so I can actually upload photos from my Mac!"
"Photodesk provides a nice way to browse Instagram from your Mac."
*** Thank you for the great reviews and comments all over the web !!! ***
- Added the 'k' key to the shortcuts. This will only like the current image, but not unlike it if it is already liked.
- When downloading multiple items, and there're videos in there, PhotoDesk will now download the videos instead of the images for these items
- Added an error message that appears if an item cannot be liked anymore because the user hit the like limit on Instagram.
- Added an error message that appears if the Instagram token / session is turned invalid on the Instagram side. In that case, it is required to reset the token by going to the Instagram website and revoking access for PhotoDesk.
- Added higher delays for the multi-like and multi-comment functionality. The reasoning behind this is, that Instagram has a ghost follower / bot detector now, and when you like too many items too fast in a row, your account will be flagged. PhotoDesk tries to insert delays beween multiple likes so that you like less over a certain period of time and thus can't flag your account.
- Fixed a bug that could in rare circumstances cause PhotoDesk to consume 100% cpu in the tag view
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes lead to 100% cpu in any view
- Fixed two bugs that would cause the downloading of image
- Fixed two bugs which lead PhotoDesk to crash in some rare circumstances
- Fixed the issue that on 10.8.5 or later, the view would sometimes look weird when going into fullscreen mode. Some users also had this problem in general, not just in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a bug where the feed would sometimes display the wrong descriptions for images
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 18, 2013
- Social Networking
- Benedikt Terhechte
- Average Rating:
- 2.00 (10)
- 14.9 MB