Chambers English Dictionary and Thesaurus
Mac OS Reference
THE RICHES OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
8 comprehensive English dictionaries and thesauruses available for in-app purchase.
Full wordlist and 50 sample entries of each dictionary to preview before buying.
The app allows to easily and quickly navigate through and try out any dictionaries, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and input features.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase.
Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog, containing:
Chambers Dictionary Ultimate Edition
Chambers Thesaurus Ultimate Edition
Chambers Adult Learners' Dictionary
Chambers Advanced ELT English Dictionary
Chambers ELT English Dictionary
Chambers Concise Dictionary
Chambers Compact Thesaurus
Chambers Crossword Dictionary
Search and input features:
• Search through dictionary headwords.
• Fulltext search mode – to search for usage examples.
• Dictionaries now support enhanced the built-in dictation feature* on the latest Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. The dictation feature allows the user to look up words in the dictionary by saying them.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form.
• Look up from other applications - while working in other applications you can easily and quickly look up any desired word without leaving that application.
• Search history - while you are using the dictionary, it saves all looked up and viewed words/phrases in the History.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native.
• Irregular verbs.
• Quick access to virtual keyboard.
• Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
* To enable the dictation feature, you need to select in System Preferences the “Dictation & Speech” option and clicks on the required languages. To use the dictation feature in dictionary apps, press the “Fn” (Function) Key twice, then pronounces a word and clicks “Done.”
All your ideas and suggestions regarding this app are very welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org