Mac OS Productivity
Write without distractions. WriteRoom is a full screen writing environment. Unlike the cluttered word processors you're used to, WriteRoom lets you focus on writing.
• Fast handling of large documents.
• Live word count, reading time, and more.
• Shift line up, down, left, and right commands.
• Select word, sentence, and paragraph commands.
• Automatically log your writing sessions to a spreadsheet.
• Use themes to save, switch, and share your favorite settings.
• Choose your own background images, paper textures, and typing sounds.
“But if, when it comes right down to it, full screen is your r grail, and the ultimate antidote to the bric-a-brac of Word, then you must enter the WriteRoom, the ultimate spartan writing utopia.”
— Virginia Heffernan, NYT
“Unlike practically everything else in our digital lives, WriteRoom's minimalist interface implies a truly flattering proposition: It's you, not the software, that matters.”
— Jeffrey MacIntyre, Slate
“WriteRoom’s minimalist interface also frees you from the nagging urge to fiddle with margins, fonts, and other settings, leaving you with nothing to do but write.”
— Nathan Alderman, MacWorld
“A perfectly balanced, indispensable part of any Mac writer’s toolkit.”
— Craig Grannell, Mac Format
* Fix: Sandboxing issue with QuickCursor
* Fix: Sandboxing issue when changing between plain text and rich text
* Fix: Crash when using Shift Left in some circumstances