Wordsmith — The Next Generation Word Processor
It's time to reboot the word processor. Wordsmith is the result of a ground-up rethinking of what it means to write with a computer. Wordsmith's features have been carefully selected to help you do your work and its polished typography and subtly animated user interface will make you smile.
Here are just a few highlights.
LINGUISTIC ANALYZER: Wordsmith keeps track of people and places.
Wordsmith's Linguistic Analyzer automatically creates a list of the people and places you write about. It runs automatically as you type, identifying and classifying proper nouns as names or places. The navigation bar shows a list of the analyzer's results which you can use to move around your document.
STREAMLINED INSPECTOR: There when you need it, out of your way when you don't.
Wordsmith's pop-up inspector shows you only the tools you need, and transforms to suit your document and the task at hand. When you return to typing or proofreading the inspector disappears, ready to reappear automatically or with a keyboard shortcut or trackpad gesture.
USE YOUR ALLUSION: Wordsmith makes managing references painless.
Wordsmith generates quotations from, or references to, any external work such as a book, essay, website, sculpture, or speech. All the references in your document are at your fingertips in a navigable index so it's easy to see what came from where, and who said what.
Use your Mac's FaceTime or iSight camera to scan a barcode and Wordsmith will look up the book's information on Open Library and do the data entry for you. When you've finished, Wordsmith can export citations inline or as footnotes linked to a Works Referenced page.
CHOOSE YOUR STYLE: You'll read what you write more closely than anyone.
Wordsmith includes beautiful styles with professional, readability-minded typography. Carefully-tuned fonts, colors, and layout reduce eye strain, and help you stay focussed on your work.
RELATIVE READABILITY: See your writing with your reader's eyes.
Pioneered for Wordsmith, Relative Readability visualizes changes to your writing style from paragraph to paragraph—even sentence to sentence.
Comparing the parts of your document to each other can be vastly more useful than comparing the document as a whole to an external scale like the Flesch-Kincaid Formula or the Fry Graph. Relative Readability shows how the complexity of a document changes over its length, making it easier to spot certain errors of style and shedding a new light on your document's structure.
Because Wordsmith primarily measures a document against itself, Relative Readability is useful whether you're writing a short story, a letter to grandma, or a paper for class.
And that's not all. Wordsmith also features:
• iCloud integration
• Document Versioning
• Sections and groups
• Reading, total writing, and session writing times
• Flag text that needs revision
• Guided text-to-speech
• Export to PDF, Rich Text, Plain Text, clean, semantic HTML, Markdown, and Word formats
• Support for Dictation, Dictionary services, Full Screen Mode, and more.
• Enabled formatting keyboard shortcuts when no text is selected.
• Corrected a configuration that caused Wordsmith documents to improperly appear on every space, and to forget their previous sizes and positions when reopened.
• Paragraph numbers are now properly generated for PDF export and printing.
• Several improvements to list formatting and exporting.
• Fixed a bug that could cause the analzer to crash Wordsmith.
• Fixed a bug that prevented Wordsmith from accepting dropped images.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the inspector popover to interfere with analyzer, conflict resolution, export, and save dialogs.
• Fixed a bug that could cause references to be exported as gibberish.
• Fixed a bug that caused the annotations inspector to behave strangely.
• Fixed a bug that could cause annotations to be duplicated.
• Fixed a bug that prevented annotation, reference, and flag icons from appearing immediately.
• Fixed a bug that caused icons for deleted annotations, references, and flags to linger irritatingly.
• Fixed a bug that caused the “New Annotation” label to appear at the wrong time.
• Fixed a bug that caused the “Show Details” button to not work intermittently.
• Improved the cooperativeness of automatic scrolling.
• Fixed a bug that cause the window controls to sometimes get out of whack with the window content.
• Fixed a bug that caused the word count button to sometimes be improperly centered.
• Fixed a bug that broke autocompletion of analyzer result titles in the document.
• Reduced the number of the analyzer's false positives for very short names.
• Many improvements to text editing behavior and styling.
• Several improments to document exporting to PDF, HTML, and rich text formats.
• Numerous performance and stability improvements.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 11, 2012
- Plow Software, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (24)
- 10.7 MB