Wizard - Statistics, Visualization, Data Analysis, Predictive Modeling
Wizard is a new Mac app that makes data analysis easier than ever. No programming, no typing — just click and explore. Wizard makes statistics accessible to beginners, but beneath the surface lies a full set of tools for doing professional research.
Featured by Apple! "New and Noteworthy" (Feb. 2013) and "Apps for Business" (Apr. 2013)
"You can be looking at statistical analyses less than a minute after importing your data." —MacFormat Magazine (UK)
It's true: within minutes of importing your first data set into Wizard, you'll be generating graphics, uncovering correlations, producing p-values, building models, and sharing insights with colleagues. Most customers find that the program pays for itself in just a few days of use. Explore Wizard's delightful feature set, including...
Wizard will start graphing your data as soon as you click on it. It uses native Mac graphics to give you crisp visual summaries — box-plots, scatterplots, histograms, survival curves, and more — in a fraction of a second.
EASY STATISTICAL MODELING
Build sophisticated statistical models in seconds with Wizard's intuitive modeling interface. Regression estimates are instantly recomputed as you play around with the controls and experiment with new specifications.
Wizard supports drag-and-drop, multi-level Undo, and other interface conveniences that Mac users expect from their software. An interactive tutorial will help you get started.
Dozens of functions are available to help you get data into the form you want. Compute quantiles, perform day-of-week calculations, multiply columns together, and more.
Export colorful graphics as web-friendly PNG or print-quality PDF. If you're surrounded by PC users, export your models as interactive spreadsheets that can be used to run "What if?" scenarios in any version of Microsoft Excel.
LIST OF STATISTICAL TESTS
Wizard supports the most common statistical tests and models, including...
+ Shapiro-Wilk test of normality
+ 1-sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov (normality and uniformity)
+ Pearson's goodness-of-fit (equal proportions)
+ Pearson's goodness-of-fit (chi-square)
+ t-test (paired and unpaired)
+ ANOVA (1-way, 2-way, and repeated measures)
+ Correlation and R²
+ Median tests: Mann-Whitney and Kruskal-Wallis
+ NEW: Wilcoxon signed-rank and Friedman tests
+ Survival analysis: Log-rank test
+ 2-sample and N-sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov
+ Linear regression (OLS)
+ Weighted linear regression (WLS)
+ Poisson and geometric regression
+ Logistic regression (Logit) and Probit
+ Multinomial Logit and Ordered Probit
+ Negative Binomial (NegBin-2)
+ Cox Proportional Hazards
+ Fixed effects
+ Robust standard errors
+ Clustered standard errors
+ Joint significance tests (Wald tests)
+ Odds ratios
+ Residual analysis
+ Sensitivity/specificity analysis (ROC curves)
+ Censoring of survival data (Cox models)
+ Interactive prediction assistant
+ Copy models as R code
Is there a missing feature you'd like to see? Just click "Email the Developer" from the Help menu and send me your thoughts.
LIST OF FILE FORMATS AND DATABASES
Although you have the option to enter data manually, more likely you'll want to import data from one of the following sources:
• Excel (.xls/.xlsx)
• Numbers ('09 and later)
• R workspace and single-object files (.RData and .rds)
• MS-Access (.mdb/.accdb)
• Plain text (Comma-, tab-, and custom-delimited values)
To import and export other formats, including SPSS, Stata, and SAS, you can either buy In-App Purchases inside Wizard (Wizard > Unlock Pro Features...), or purchase Wizard Pro, also available in the Mac App Store. The set of included importers is the only difference between the Pro and Standard versions.
• Duration data: Support for importing and formatting time durations as HH:MM:SS or other formats. Great for analyzing e.g. race results.
• Combine Pivot functions - You can now add, subtract, multiply, and divide columns in the Pivot table for more insightful reports.
• Organize filter sets: If you spend a lot of time with Filters, the new version will let you name and organize an unlimited number of filter sets easily. That way you can switch between subsets of the data without having to reselect all the filter conditions individually.
• Indicator Variables with "OR" conditions: In previous versions, Indicator Variables were equal to 1 when all of the conditions are true. In this version, you have a new option to set the value to 1 when any condition is true.
• Reorder categories: If you don't like the default ordering of categories in a particular column, you can now drag and drop to rearrange.
This release also includes a number bug fixes and stability improvements. Enjoy!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 09, 2014
- Evan Miller
- 5.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (53)