This app was removed from the App Store.
Tutor for Snow Leopard
Mac OS Productivity
***** "Excellent starter for Mac beginners and intermediate."
***** "Life Saver."
If you are new to the Mac and running Snow Leopard, this tutorial is for you. Learn how to control your computer with Tutor for Snow Leopard (10.6). We give just enough detail to keep you from getting overwhelmed. By watching these tutorials, you will have better control of your computer. The total tutorial is just over 2 hours. Watch each chapter as you need to.
Concepts covered include:
- OS X terminology.
- Major differences between PC and Mac.
- Add and delete items from the window sidebar.
- Add and delete applications, files, and folders from the dock.
- Saving your documents where you what them saved, not where the computer wants them saved.
- See all the different ways to move your files and folders.
- Take a quick look at your documents without opening an application.
- Search your computer with Spotlight.
- Upload your photos using iPhoto.
- How the Mail application can be your friend.
- Where downloads are saved.
- The three different ways to install applications.
- How to delete applications.
- Working with the Application folder.
- Adding and deleting printers and what printer options you have.
- Setting your computer up with multiple users.
- Adding parental controls to different accounts on your computer.
- What different security options you have.
- The best way to back up your computer.
- What non-Apple applications are a must have.
- Take control of your computer!
- Mac OS X Terminology
- Interface Overview
- Windows vs. Mac
- System Preferences
- Getting Around with the Finder
- Window Management
- OS X Folder Hierarchy
- Saving Documents
- Moving Files and Folders
- Opening Recent Items
- Using QuickLook
- Searching with Spotlight
- Organizing your Contacts
- Organizing your events in iCal
- Working with Photos
- Using the Mail Application
- Surfing with Safari
- Downloading Files
- Installing Applications
- Applications and the App Store
- Deleting Applications
- Emptying the Trash
- Multiple Users
- Parental Controls
- Security Options
- Backing Up Your Computer
- Must Have Apps
We have been doing online video tutorials for over 5 years. Check out what people are saying about our video tutorials:
- "Few people can make useful tutorials. This person is one of the rare trainers who will keep your attention. The author breaks down iPhoto 11 into sensible chapters (videos) and presents them in plain English at a speed which is comfortable to manage. He knows his material!"
- "I read the review and decided to take a chance this was what I needed and WOW!! The last reviewer was so correct!! I needed help on my iPhoto for my iMac and I must say I am impressed and would buy from this developer again. It is nice to have on my iPad and use my computer to set up my iPhoto album."
- "If he keeps putting out more tutorials for programs I use, I will be sure to get these as well. I downloaded his Tutorial For iMovie for iPhone as well, which I also got a lot out of. "
- "Having this app is like having a virtual instructor. All the fundamental are covered."
Get the most out of Snow Leopard with this Video Tutorial!
- Added video chapter on using the Address Book
- Added video chapter on using iCal
- Fixed window title to show correct name of app.