Trickster - Find Recently Used Files
Mac OS Productivity
Trickster - Your files, at your fingertips!
If you work with files, Trickster is the ultimate productivity booster for you.
It gives you immediate access to your recently used documents, folders and applications.
All your important stuff is now just a couple of clicks away, accessible from your menu bar.
Did you just open a document in Pages? It’s in Trickster.
Did you just download a file? Don’t bother searching your downloads folder, Trickster has it just one click away.
Everything you were supposed to be working on is still in your menu bar, ready when you are.
What others are saying about Trickster?
- "Incredibly useful, nicely designed. The simple 'Help' is perfect" - Smile Software
- "A handy tool for tracking and working with documents, folders, and other data." - Macworld (4 mice)
- "Trickster is easy to figure out, fast, and looks nice." - $2-tuesday
- "Where Trickster does the trick for me is with its keyboard navigation." - Macstories
- "I’m always on the lookout for productivity boosters and Trickster has me in love." - TheNextWeb
Some of the things Trickster can do:
- Drag and drop files from Trickster to Finder or any other application like you'd do from Finder.
- Open files and applications from Trickster, preview them or reveal in Finder.
- Preset filters to only display images, audio files, videos, documents, applications, folders and specific locations.
- Create your own custom filters based on location, file types, Finder tags (on OS X 10.9) or string matching.
- Track only relevant files and ignore all the rest.
- Favorites "sticky" bar gives you fast access to your most frequently used files, folders and applications. Drop files on a 'favorite' folder to move it there or drop on a 'favorite' application to open it with that specific app.
- Add files to any notebook on Evernote
- Retina ready
Trickster is 100% keyboard-friendly. For ultimate productivity and speed, you can use it entirely without mouse or combine mouse with keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys.
- Added AppleScript support for querying filters. This allows for better integration with applications such as LaunchBar or for your own scripts. Visit our blog at http://blog.apparentsoft.com to find integrations with LaunchBar and Alfred.
- Remember active filter between launches
- Recent searches are now remembered
- Search text, if entered, is now focused and selected when opening Trickster's window. This makes it easier to clear it quickly with Backspace. Navigate from search field with arrow up or down.
- Starting your search text with either letter P or N didn't activate search. While it did for any other key. Gotta love this kind of bugs
- Trickster might now ask to refresh some watched folders. This may be required in situations when hard drive is changed or any other reason that may prevent Trickster from accessing watched folders under Sandbox. Trickster will detect these cases upon launch or when updating Watched Folders, will remove those entries and ask you to add them back.
- "File Tracking Settings" menu item is changed to "Configure File Tracking". It's an action and is clearer. User manual was updated to reflect this change. You knew that there's a full User Manual in the Help menu, right?