Trickster - Your files, at your fingertips!
If you work with files, Trickster is the ultimate productivity booster for you.
It gives you immediate access to your recently used documents, folders and applications.
All your important stuff is now just a couple of clicks away, accessible from your menu bar.
Did you just open a document in Pages? It’s in Trickster.
Did you just download a file? Don’t bother searching your downloads folder, Trickster has it just one click away.
Everything you were supposed to be working on is still in your menu bar, ready when you are.
What others are saying about Trickster?
- "Incredibly useful, nicely designed. The simple 'Help' is perfect" - Smile Software
- "a handy tool for tracking and working with documents, folders, and other data." - Macworld (4 mice)
- "Trickster is easy to figure out, fast, and looks nice." - $2-tuesday
- "Where Trickster does the trick for me is with its keyboard navigation." - Macstories
- "I’m always on the lookout for productivity boosters Trickster has me in love." - TheNextWeb
Some of the things Trickster can do:
- Drag and drop files from Trickster to Finder or any other application like you'd do from Finder.
- Open files and applications from Trickster, preview them or reveal in Finder.
- Preset filters to only display images, audio files, videos, documents, applications, folders and specific locations.
- Create your own custom filters based on location, file types, Finder tags (on OS X 10.9) or string matching.
- Track only relevant files and ignore all the rest.
- Favorites "sticky" bar gives you fast access to your most frequently used files, folders and applications. Drop files on a 'favorite' folder to move it there or drop on a 'favorite' application to open it with that specific app.
- Add files to any notebook on Evernote
- Retina ready
Trickster is 100% keyboard-friendly. For ultimate productivity and speed, you can use it entirely without mouse or combine mouse with keyboard shortcuts and hotkeys.
Note, Trickster is now sandboxed. The previous version wasn't. Trickster will ask you to reconfigure watched folders.
* Added Finder tags support in custom filters. Requires OS X 10.9.
* Added support for Retina displays
* Added Share submenu to share using built-in services in OS X 10.8 and 10.9.
* Added Evernote support. You can add files either to the default notebook or to a specific one. Requires Evernote application to be installed on the machine.
* Added Voice-over accessibility support.
* Added Preference to only track opened files. In this case, modified and created files won’t appear in Trickster
* Added Automation support
- AppleScript commands to get recent entries, selected entries, add files to Trickster and refresh the sort.
- Added system-wide Service that allows adding selected files from Finder to Trickster as most recent ones. Even allows adding files by invoking the service on text that includes file paths.
- Added a URL scheme (trickster-add-recent://) to add files to Trickster
* Critical bug fixes for 10.8 and 10.9
* Fixed watching the root path.
* Fixed the creation of excluded files from context menu.
* Fixed resizing issues and Favorites bar drawing issues.
* Fixed support for Bartender application
* Many more cosmetics and performance fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 03, 2013
- Apparent Software
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (19)
- 4.0 MB