TaskPaper – Plain text to-dos
Mac OS Productivity
Make lists and get organized. TaskPaper is a plain text to-do list that’s surprisingly adept. Thoroughly modernized. TaskPaper 3.5 is all new, while still retaining the same plain text design that’s been getting things done since 2006.
Buy now to make lists and get organized!
• Plain text files; edit anywhere
• Type and your lists are auto formatted
• Organize projects:, - tasks, notes, and @tags
• Filter your lists by @tag, type, or content
• Fold, focus, and filter to make big lists small
• Fast keyboard navigation & commands
• Drag and drop to organize your lists
• Manage dates and times in plain text
• Import/Export with Reminders app (Siri)
• Active support community ready to help
• LESS/CSS powered stylesheets for theming
• Adds support for tag value lists.
TaskPaper allows you to create tags by typing `@` followed by a tag name. You can also include an optional value after the tag in parentheses like this: @mytag(my value). The new feature is that TaskPaper now understands lists of comma separated values. For example you can now type @job(jack,jane) and TaskPaper understands that there's a list of values associated with the tag. When you click on "jack" your lists will be filtered to show all tasks where "jack" is listed on the job.
• Added View > Show Sidebar And Expand Completely
• Fixes print margins to be smaller
• Fixes crash that could occur when using ancestor-or-self:: in search
• Fixes undo bug where undoing moves might put items at wrong indentation
Previously in 3.7 TaskPaper improves how filtered items work in two ways:
1. Filtered items are only selected when a visible ancestor item is also selected.
2. Selected filtered items are indicated by a horizontal dotted line across the entire selection.
Also this release:
• Added warning that imported reminders are removed from Reminders.app
• Added warning when trying to work with Reminders.app without access granted
• Added TaskPaper > Recover License menu item to direct download version
• Remembers and restores which outline items are expanded in sidebar
• Fixed crash when pasting text that contained non "\n" newline characters
• Fixed crash when option (to create copy) dragging items from one document to another
• Fixes bug where last line of edited text might not get auto-saved.
• Fixes copying of last item in a filtered view
• Fixes comparing against empty string ("") in search syntax
• Fixed problems styling and updating searchbar
• Fixed keyboard focus problem when closing searchbar
• Fixes crash that could occure when placing cursor in empty line