TaskInsight provides essential task/todo list management functions for productivity and business, including Timeline, List and Detail views, iCloud support, color-coded priorities, labels, several date/time fields, sorting, drag and drop, copy and paste, undo and redo, import and export TSV and XML, export HTML5 Canvas, AppleScript support, customizable views, many keyboard shortcuts, text-to-speech, document path and web URL support, and many more features.
Editing, Sorting and Searching
• Labels, with sorting and filtering by labels, auto-complete label editing
• Sort or auto-sort by priorities, status, labels, dates or other columns
• Popup editors for task text, labels, dates, Go To Date, contextual menus for priority, status, etc.
• Edit dates manually or select in the optional popup picker
• Drag and drop reprioritization, reordering, time shifting
• Search and Recent Searches menu for quick searching and filtering
• Search for text in TaskInsight documents system-wide with Spotlight
• Thorough support for Undo and Redo
• Support for complex task selection and operations, Undo and Redo
Graphic Customization of Timeline and List Views
• Extended Timeline view customization: background image, colors, grid line colors, AppleScript scriptability, etc.
• Customizable colorized priorities for List and Timeline views, shared or separate
• Optional date columns: start, due, completed, created and modified
• Customize List view column order, width and visibility
• Optional alternate row coloring
• Text resizing for small lists or big presentations
• Full screen mode for presentations and focus sessions
• Customize Document Settings for small to large task lists, simple to complex
• Print and Print to PDF for List and Timeline views
• Printing support, using custom color, text size and column settings
Power User Shortcuts, Browsing, Navigating and Scripting
• Many keyboard shortcuts for navigating List or Timeline views and changing display settings, sorting or operating on selected tasks
• Recent Documents panel for one-click access to task lists
• Perform text-to-speech for selected tasks
• AppleScript can be used to create tasks and documents, and to modify properties of TaskInsight documents, tasks and task views. Sample AppleScript scripts for TaskInsight can be downloaded from the Imaja TaskInsight web site.
Import and Export
• Drag and drop text into and out of TaskInsight
• Import and export tasks as XML or TSV (Tab-Separated Values)
• Export timeline view as HTML5 Canvas graphic for web publishing
• Paste-import multiple text lines as tasks
• Copy-export multiple tasks to tab-delimited text or RTF (Rich Text Format) priority-color-coded tables on the Pasteboard
• Drag and drop URLs or documents to list to add URLs or paths
Essential Additional Features
• iCloud support for TaskInsight documents on your personal Mac OS X 10.8 or 10.7 computers.
• Date and time formatting supports International Regions in System Preferences: Language & Text: Formats: Region.
• Window position and settings saved with document
• Standard configurable toolbar at the top of TaskInsight documents
• TaskInsight Help uses Apple's searchable Help system
• Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) support for Full Screen and Auto-Save
• Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion (10.7 and 10.8) support for Full Screen, Auto-Save, Versions, and Resume
New search feature, Timeline view features, and bug fixes:
• To search for dates, enter a date in the Search field in the current format used in the List view date columns or Timeline view event dates. This format can be changed in the System Preferences: Language & Text: Region: Date: Customize sheet.
• To drag the selected events in the Timeline view, press Command to just drag the events. Pressing Command overrides any checking for other event clicking activities, such as dragging just the start or end time, or getting the text or date popup editors. With the Command key down, it is not necessary to click and drag on any particular event to drag.
• For short events in the Timeline view: Press the option key to drag just the end time of an event in the Timeline view. Use option-shift to drag just the start time.
• The Sort menu item last chosen is now marked with a checkmark.
• Improved grid labels for days of the week in Timeline view.
• Priority color and font changes are now undoable and mark the document as changed and enable the Save command in the File menu.
• Modernized memory management to ARC.
• Bug fix for missing grid lines in some situations in Timeline view.
• Bug fix for Go To Today in Timeline view.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 21, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 2.00 (5)
- 2.8 MB