TaskInsight provides essential task/todo list management functions for productivity and business, including Timeline, List and Detail views, iCloud support, speech commands, color-coded priorities, labels, several date/time fields, sorting, drag and drop, copy and paste, undo and redo, import and export TSV and XML, export HTML5 Canvas, AppleScript support, customizable views, many keyboard shortcuts, text-to-speech, document path and web URL support, and many more features.
Editing, Sorting and Searching
• Labels, with sorting and filtering by labels, auto-complete label editing
• Sort or auto-sort by priorities, status, labels, dates or other columns
• Popup editors for task text, labels, dates, Go To Date, contextual menus for priority, status, etc.
• Edit dates manually or select in the optional popup picker
• Drag and drop reprioritization, reordering, time shifting
• Search and Recent Searches menu for quick searching and filtering
• Search for text in TaskInsight documents system-wide with Spotlight
• Thorough support for Undo and Redo
• Support for complex task selection and operations, Undo and Redo
Graphic Customization of Timeline and List Views
• Extended Timeline view customization: background image, colors, grid line colors, AppleScript scriptability, etc.
• Customizable colorized priorities for List and Timeline views, shared or separate
• Optional date columns: start, due, completed, created and modified
• Customize List view column order, width and visibility
• Optional alternate row coloring
• Text resizing for small lists or big presentations
• Full screen mode for presentations and focus sessions
• Customize Document Settings for small to large task lists, simple to complex
Speech Commands and Text to Speech
• Speech Commands Module 1 provides speech control for various actions, including task selection, speaking, setting priorities and status, sorting, and other actions. Speech Commands Module 1 is an In App Purchase.
• Perform text-to-speech for selected tasks
• Copy as Speakable Text puts a copy of the selected tasks on the Clipboard formatted for the Text to Speech capability of Mac OS X.
• Print and Print to PDF for List and Timeline views
• Printing support, using custom color, text size and column settings
Power User Shortcuts, Browsing, Navigating and Scripting
• Many keyboard shortcuts for navigating List or Timeline views and changing display settings, sorting or operating on selected tasks
• Recent Documents panel for one-click access to task lists
• AppleScript can be used to create tasks and documents, and to modify properties of TaskInsight documents, tasks and task views. Sample AppleScript scripts for TaskInsight can be downloaded from the Imaja TaskInsight web site.
Import and Export
• Drag and drop text into and out of TaskInsight
• Import and export tasks as XML or TSV (Tab-Separated Values)
• Export timeline view as HTML5 Canvas graphic for web publishing
• Paste-import multiple text lines as tasks
• Copy-export multiple tasks to tab-delimited text or RTF (Rich Text Format) priority-color-coded tables on the Pasteboard
• Drag and drop URLs or documents to list to add URLs or paths
Essential Additional Features
• iCloud support for TaskInsight documents on your personal Mac OS X computers (10.7 or later).
• Date and time formatting supports International Regions in System Preferences: Language & Text: Formats: Region.
• Window position and settings saved with document
• Standard configurable toolbar at the top of TaskInsight documents
• TaskInsight Help uses Apple's searchable Help system
• Support for Full Screen, Auto-Save, Versions, and Resume (10.7 and later)
• Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) support for Full Screen and Auto-Save
New speech commands, Open URLs in Selected Tasks command, improved Timeline zooming, pinch and spread zooming and text resizing, AppleScript scripts, and bug fixes.
• Speech Commands in TaskInsight let you control TaskInsight with your voice. You can operate on tasks, listen to tasks and information about your task list, hands-free and eyes-free. Many functions are faster and easier to perform with speech commands than using a trackpad, mouse or keyboard shortcuts.
• New speech commands include: Say existing labels, Show existing labels, Search for label , Open , Say start date, Say due date, Say completed date, Say created date, Say modified date.
• Some speech commands are contextual and are available depending on if any documents are open, if tasks are selected, and which view is visible: Timeline or List view.
• The App Speech Commands window displays a compact reference to the speech commands.
• The information view about Speech Commands module available as an In App Purchase will be displayed at least once for this new version on each machine. We recommend getting it. Speech Commands in TaskInsight let you perform many operations with your voice more quickly than choosing commands from a menu or with keyboard shortcuts.
• Information about the new Speech Commands system is at http://www.imaja.com/taskinsight/speechcommands.html
• New "Open URLs in Selected Tasks" command in the View menu (Shift-Command-O) will open all web and local urls in the task text of selected tasks. Tasks can also be created by dragging a web URL or a local document to the List view.
• Greatly improved automatic column resizing in List view when adding, removing or modifying date/time columns.
• Timeline zooming stays focused on the beginning of selected tasks.
• Use pinch and spread touch gestures on a trackpad for Timeline zooming and List view text resizing.
• After changing the search, an auto-sort is performed if the auto-sort option is on, and the view is scrolled to the current date/time.
• More Transparency and Less Transparency commands added to Window menu.
• New AppleScript "Reschedule Tasks Sequentially" added to Sample AppleScript scripts for TaskInsight available at http://www.imaja.com/taskinsight/faq.html
• Fixed bug with internal task selection flags used by AppleScript interface.
• Please contact Imaja via email@example.com and give us feedback, bug reports, suggestions.
• Follow Imaja tweets at https://twitter.com/acornplanter
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 06, 2015
- 3.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.00 (5)