TaskInsight provides essential task/todo list management functions for productivity and business, including Timeline, List and Detail views, iCloud support, color-coded priorities, labels, several date/time fields, sorting, drag and drop, copy and paste, undo and redo, import and export TSV and XML, export HTML5 Canvas, AppleScript support, customizable views, many keyboard shortcuts, text-to-speech, document path and web URL support, and many more features.
Editing, Sorting and Searching
• Labels, with sorting and filtering by labels, auto-complete label editing
• Sort or auto-sort by priorities, status, labels, dates or other columns
• Popup editors for task text, labels, dates, Go To Date, contextual menus for priority, status, etc.
• Edit dates manually or select in the optional popup picker
• Drag and drop reprioritization, reordering, time shifting
• Search and Recent Searches menu for quick searching and filtering
• Search for text in TaskInsight documents system-wide with Spotlight
• Thorough support for Undo and Redo
• Support for complex task selection and operations, Undo and Redo
Graphic Customization of Timeline and List Views
• Extended Timeline view customization: background image, colors, grid line colors, AppleScript scriptability, etc.
• Customizable colorized priorities for List and Timeline views, shared or separate
• Optional date columns: start, due, completed, created and modified
• Customize List view column order, width and visibility
• Optional alternate row coloring
• Text resizing for small lists or big presentations
• Full screen mode for presentations and focus sessions
• Customize Document Settings for small to large task lists, simple to complex
• Print and Print to PDF for List and Timeline views
• Printing support, using custom color, text size and column settings
Power User Shortcuts, Browsing, Navigating and Scripting
• Many keyboard shortcuts for navigating List or Timeline views and changing display settings, sorting or operating on selected tasks
• Recent Documents panel for one-click access to task lists
• Perform text-to-speech for selected tasks
• AppleScript can be used to create tasks and documents, and to modify properties of TaskInsight documents, tasks and task views. Sample AppleScript scripts for TaskInsight can be downloaded from the Imaja TaskInsight web site.
Import and Export
• Drag and drop text into and out of TaskInsight
• Import and export tasks as XML or TSV (Tab-Separated Values)
• Export timeline view as HTML5 Canvas graphic for web publishing
• Paste-import multiple text lines as tasks
• Copy-export multiple tasks to tab-delimited text or RTF (Rich Text Format) priority-color-coded tables on the Pasteboard
• Drag and drop URLs or documents to list to add URLs or paths
Essential Additional Features
• iCloud support for TaskInsight documents on your personal Mac OS X 10.8 or 10.7 computers.
• Date and time formatting supports International Regions in System Preferences: Language & Text: Formats: Region.
• Window position and settings saved with document
• Standard configurable toolbar at the top of TaskInsight documents
• TaskInsight Help uses Apple's searchable Help system
• Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) support for Full Screen and Auto-Save
• Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion (10.7 and 10.8) support for Full Screen, Auto-Save, Versions, Automatic Termination and Sudden Termination and Resume
• TaskInsight documents are now sorted when opened as they were when they were last saved. They are no longer automatically sorted by priority-status after first change. Be sure to have the Auto-Sort After Changes setting set as desired.
• The contextual menu (control-click or right-click) for the selected item in the List or Timeline view now properly indicates the current priority, status and percent done for that task. Only the first selected task is modified when choosing settings in the contextual menu.
• Recent Documents panel now updates correctly after opening documents.
• Corrected Full Screen toolbar button icon. Took it out of default toolbar since it is a part of the window in Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8. It can be added to the toolbar manually on 10.6.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 17, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 2.00 (5)
- 2.7 MB