Speak it! Text to Speech
Mac OS Productivity
Speak it! 1.1 now takes advantage of Mac OS Services, which allow you to use our amazing text to speech technology directly in other applications! Simply select the text you wish spoken, right click on it, and select the "Speak it!" option. It's that easy!
Version 1.1 also introduces creating audio files. You can now easily create high quality sound files of your text!
All this and lots more for an unbelievable price!
Future Apps proudly presents Speak it! for the Mac, the highest quality text to speech application available for Mac OS X. Speak it! has been the best selling and highest reviewed text to speech app on the iOS platform, and we have taken the best features and molded them into a ground up remake for the Mac platform.
Speak it! for the Mac uses the same industry leading voices that have made it such a great hit on iOS, which reproduce speech that is so clear and natural sounding you will have a hard time telling it is a computer speaking! You can use Speak it! for anything from a speech assistive app for people with vocal disabilities, to a personal document reader. Speak it! can read any sort of text you can select and copy from any other application including emails, word documents, and web articles.
Speak it! has been designed to be very simple and easy to use, but also has powerful features that makes it a full featured text to speech application for pro users. You can read and unlimited amount of text, save any amount of phrases for quick playback, search phrases, change the speech playback speed, and more! Speak it! for the Mac also introduces a new feature called Voice Shaping, which allows you to change the characteristics of each stock voice to produce some really unique and fun voices.
• Easy to use interface: simply enter the text you want to say, and press the “Speak it! button
• Four high quality voices are included: American Male, American Female, British Male, British Female (more international voices coming soon!)
• NEW! Integrated directly into Mac OS so you can quickly use Speak it! to read back text to you quickly, and with no need to launch the app directly
• NEW! Create high quality audio files of your text
• Save as many phrases as you would like, and easily search and repeat them later
• Pause and resume speech playback
• Playback at a specific point in the text, or select the specific text you would like to playback
• Voice Shaping allows you to create your own unique voices
• Change the volume, as well as the speed of spoken text
- logout/restart no longer required for app to work correctly with system integration
- now correctly remembers window size and position
- fixed an issue where version number was not showing correctly in about window
•system wide integration
-You can now use Speak it! to read text within any application directly by selecting text, right clicking on the selection, and clicking the "Speak it!" option.
-You can alternatively use Command-Shift-1 hot-key after selecting the text.
•You can now create audio files of the text. Simply click the create audio file toolbar icon, and choose where to save the file.
•Redesigned Saved Phrase section
-Now allows you to create groups, and highly customize and organize your saved phrases.
-You can now select multiple items, and drag, move, or delete them
•Now properly remembers the selected voice for each saved phrase
•Multiple bug fixes and stability improvements