Mac OS Productivity
SimpleMind is an easy-to-use Mind Mapping tool that turns your Mac into a brainstorming, idea collection and thought structuring device. It connects to the similar SimpleMind for iPhone/iPad app.
• SimpleMind Free - (Mac) — available from the AppStore
• SimpleMind+ (Touch iPad/iPhone) - available from the AppStore
• Easy to use — drag, arrange and edit directly on the Mind Map page.
• Tap or drag Node Well to add new Topics.
• Cross Links - use Node Well to add Cross Links between any two topics.
• Undo/Redo in the editor - full Undo capabilities make editing and experimenting easy.
• Reconnect topics using drag drop, aided by topic auto-layout.
• Word wrap tool allows easy adjusting of topic width.
• Cut, Copy, Paste - move or duplicate topics between Mind Maps.
• Apply visual styles - change colors, borders and lines for maximum presentation impact.
• Pick colors from style color palette or choose custom colors.
• Insert Images or Photos in topics.
• Assign a predefined Stock Icon to a topic.
• Hyperlink topics to other Mind Maps for easy navigation between (sub) Maps.
• Collapse/Expand (Hide/Show) branches to maintain overview in large Mind Maps.
• Re-layout branches for selected topic or apply Strict Layout to entire Mind Map.
• Auto numbering - inside or below topic.
• Multiple Maps on single page.
• Create new (linked) MindMap from selection.
• Large Mind Map support - unlimited page size.
• Full screen Presentation Mode.
MANAGE Mind Maps:
• Search in Mind Maps on Title or Topics.
• Organize Mind Maps in Folders.
• Add links to web pages.
SHARE YOUR IDEAS:
• Native integrated Dropbox support allows automatic synchronizing of modified Mind Maps with other devices running SimpleMind via your Dropbox account.
• Print your Mind Map.
• Email your Mind Map via standard Mail app — attached are PNG image (paste in word processor documents) and/or PDF document (best for printing).
• Exchange your Mind Maps with SimpleMind for iPhone or iPad via build-in Wifi link.
• Import/Export as OPML - a format supported by most desktop mind map and outlining tools.
• Import/Export as Freemind - a free and widely used desktop mind mapping tool.
• Auto Layout added: Horizontal, Vertical, List, Top Down.
• Use drag-drop to rearrange Topic order in auto layout modes.
• Default Layout Mode for new Mind Maps in Global Style Options.
• Keyboard navigation with arrow keys improved.
• Alt+Drag-Drop image adds the image as icon, Command+Drop adds it as Image - like before.
• Add as Image in Icon Picker: when pressed an icon will be added as floating image rather than as Icon.
• Select All Topics, Relations, Images etc. added to main menu.
• Warning to prevent loosing local changes when disconnecting from Dropbox.
• OSX 10.11 support added.
• Several bugs fixed in Dropbox integration.