TIME-LIMITED SPECIAL OFFER: 50% discount for a limited time only as part of the Mac App Store’s 'Explore Your Creativity' promotion!
"The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor."
- Best-selling novelist Michael Marshall Smith
Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers designed for composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on getting you to the end of that awkward first draft.
Compose your text in any order and in pieces as large or small as you like. View the components of your draft individually or as a whole. Import and refer to research files such as images and PDFs alongside your writing.
Whether you prefer to outline first, hammer out your first draft and restructure later, or do a bit of both, Scrivener's corkboard and outliner tools are completely integrated with the text, so working with an overview of your draft is just a click away.
Scrivener's users include best-selling novelists, screenwriters, students, academics, lawyers, journalists and translators. It won't presume to tell you how to write - it just provides an array of flexible tools that allow you to do things your way, no matter what kind of writing you do.
- Project templates for novels, scripts, APA and MLA essays and more (or create your own)
- Interactive tutorial project
- Import common text files such as .rtf, .doc, .docx, .fdx, .txt, .opml and .odt
- Break up imported texts using the "Split at Selection" or "Import and Split" features
- Create and access your work in any order using the "binder" source list
- "Scrivenings" mode temporarily combines disparate documents into a single text for viewing and editing
- Full-screen mode
- Scriptwriting mode for screenplays, stage plays, comic scripts and more
- Familiar text formatting tools
- Live word and character counts
- Mark up your text with comments
- Make notes in the sidebar which become footnotes or endnotes upon print or export
- "Snapshots" allow you to store earlier versions of texts and revert to them at any time
- Name generator
- MathType support
- Set goals using project and document targets
- Automatic backups
- Associate a synopsis with any document in your project
- A virtual corkboard lets you rearrange documents using their associated synopses
- A fully-featured outliner provides complete control over a project's structure
- Project-wide search
- Track ideas using labels and keywords
- Import research such as image, .pdf and media files
- Import web pages
- View research files (or other text documents) alongside your writing
- Transcribe audio files
Getting It Out There
- Compile your manuscript for submission or self-publishing
- Export to popular formats such as .doc, .rtf and plain text
- Print or generate PDF files
- Export .epub or Kindle files
- Export to Final Draft .fdx format
- Supports MultiMarkdown for LaTeX export
- Sync text files with popular iPhone and iPad apps via Dropbox or Simplenote
For more information, please watch the videos on our website.
TESTIMONIALS AND AWARDS
We have a whole heap of testimonials from published authors - see our testimonials page at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/testimonials.php to read what they have to say about Scrivener.
Scrivener 2.0 was awarded a Macworld 2010 Eddy (as was Scrivener 1.0 in 2007) and has received five-star reviews from MacUser and MacFormat.
If you have any questions or feedback, you can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, via our support forum at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum or on Twitter @scrivenerapp.
• Mavericks-ready: many minor changes and updates for 10.9 compatibility, with full support for saving and exporting tags.
• Scrivener's enhanced .doc, .docx and .odt exporters no longer require an external Java installation - everything needed is now built into Scrivener and sandboxed (10.7.3+).
• A sandboxed version of MultiMarkdown is now built into Scrivener.
• Find and Replace now works in inspector comments and footnotes.
• Project note titles are now affected in Project Replace if "Titles" is ticked.
• The Replacements in Compile can now replace web link targets as well as text.
• When selecting formatting levels in Compile, affected documents are now highlighted in the binder.
• "Treat 'Preserve Formatting' blocks as raw HTML" can now be used for e-books.
• Kindle export no longer ignores differences between justified and left text alignment.
• Changed the way UUIDs are stored in .epub files to meet latest requirements of EpubCheck.
• You can now use strikethrough in PDF files.
• "Lock in Place" is now available even when the header view is hidden.
• Posting to Facebook is now an option in the "Share" contextual menu in text views (10.8+ only).
• Scrivener should no longer switch to the discrete graphics card unnecessarily on dual-GPU machines (10.7+).
• The main interface is now translated into German, French and Spanish (other languages to come). You can override the language used for the UI via the Preferences. (Please email us if you find any problems with the translations.)
• Templates chooser view rewritten from scratch with accessibility (VoiceOver) support.
• Many other refinements and bug-fixes - for the full list, please see http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivChangeList.php.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 1 week ago
- Literature & Latte
- 69.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (109)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 5.00 (597)