Website creation for the Mac, that's as easy to use as the Mac.
Sandvox lets anybody, even non-experts, create slick modern websites, fast. Named to Mac App Store's Best of 2012 at v2.7, v2.8 adds built-in optimization for Retina graphics, two new website designs, and more social sharing tools.
Only Sandvox — winner of an Apple Design Award — features a user experience that lets you combine and spotlight your own drag-and-drop content while automatically creating a modern, feature-rich, standards-compliant website as you go. See your website come alive before your eyes! When ready, just upload your site to your favorite host directly from within Sandvox. It's that easy.
• Choose from dozens of stylish site designs, including two brand new designs, Hydrogen and Kryptonite
• Over 20 different, customizable content objects help you build the site of your dreams
• Easily add text, images, or movies
• Showcase your images with Photo Grids and lightbox-style Galleries, automatically optimized for Retina displays
• Super easy blogging, with built-in archiving
• Instantly add connections to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
• Syndicate your blog or podcast and offer easy-to-grab RSS feeds
• Incorporate content from other websites such as weather and news headlines
• Show selected products from Amazon.com
• Feature YouTube videos
• Include a Contact Form for feedback
• Automatically generate a sitemap
• Comment support via Disqus, IntenseDebate and Facebook Comments
• Insert custom features with Raw HTML
“ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ” — MacNN · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — SVMMac · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — Cult of Mac
EVEN MORE POWER
• iMedia Browser — Effortlessly browse your Pictures folder, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, and Flickr. Grab movies from iPhoto and iTunes. Build a podcast. The iMedia Browser puts your resources at your fingertips.
• Advanced Customization — Code injection, custom CSS, built-in jQuery support and a brand new Cocoa plug-in API are available to experienced users and offer even more ways to customize your site.
• Publishing Options — Publish via FTP, SFTP, WebDAV
• Search Engine Optimization — SEO-friendly site structure plus integration with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Site Extractor — generate a new Sandvox website using the text and images of your old site, to help you get off the ground that little bit quicker
For more information or to watch a video introduction, please visit our website!
“Those who want to quickly create template-based sites packed with features, should give Sandvox 2 a look. ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼” — Macworld UK
We're always here to help and we'd love to hear from you! If you have feedback or questions, you can reach us by email at email@example.com or visit our community forum at karelia.com/forum.
Read our FAQ at karelia.com/faq. (in English)
Familiar with iWeb? See our iWeb Transition Guide at karelia.com/iweb. (in English)
Sandvox 2.8 can publish high-resolution images for Retina displays, includes two new designs, and offers more social sharing capabilities, including support for Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Sandvox 2.8 can automatically take advantage of high-resolution source images to optimize for display on Retina screen devices, whenever they are available. Controls for this have been added to the Appearance tab of the Document Inspector.
The Metrics Inspector now helps with image optimization:
• Dimensions are now measured in points instead of pixels (Retina displays contain 4x as many pixels as ‘regular’ resolution displays)
• If an image will appear at less than full quality (on either regular or Retina displays), a warning message will appear
• The Size button now acts as a toggle between ‘Retina’ & ‘regular’ quality, preventing over-sizing of images
When Retina support is turned on, Sandvox makes high-resolution images “retina-ready” so that people who view your website on Retina screens will see images that are optimized for their screens, instead of ‘regular’ resolution images. On Retina screen devices, ‘regular’ resolution images appear fuzzy and pixellated.
With Retina support ‘on’ Sandvox will optimize, whenever possible:
• Image objects, including logos
• Banners (your custom banners & built-in banners for *most* Designs)
• Photo Grid (including Gallery), Slide Show, and Titles & Summaries indexes
• Amazon Lists
• Badges & icons: RSS and Sandvox badges, and AIM Status objects (unfortunately not possible for other IM services at present)
Note: You may notice differences in the built-in banners and/or placeholder images in some Designs due to updates made for Retina support.
• Two new included Designs: Hydrogen and Kryptonite. You can choose to use either a left-side Sidebar or a right-side Sidebar with Hydrogen or Kryptonite.
• All Designs have been updated to have a more accurate “full width” description, enabling image objects to be manually resized wider than in previous versions. Note: If using a “Simply” design, you may need to adjust some object widths manually to match the previous sizing.
• Other minor updates to several included Designs
Social & Sharing
• Sharing Bar — A new Sharing Bar object can be added to the end of any page, bringing together all of our supported Sharing buttons in a neat, convenient row.
• Sharing buttons — including the Sharing Bar — are now organized into their own Sharing section of the Objects toolbar item
• Pinterest & LinkedIn — Support for buttons for both Pinterest & LinkedIn have been added. These buttons can be placed on any page
• Twitter — The Twitter button now features additional button types/options, including Hashtag and Follow
• Facebook — The Facebook button now supports many other configurations, including Like Box and Activity Feed
• Google Maps are now automatically localized into your site's language, where supported
• Contact Form has a new “Send from karelia.com” checkbox, that, if enabled, will improve the chances that visitors' messages will get to your inbox, instead of being filtered to your 'junk' folder as SPAM.
• Amazon objects can now open links in a new window
• Photo Grid's Gallery feature has been updated with minor bug fixes
• When publishing media, Sandvox now replaces any spaces in filenames with hyphens instead of underscores
• Podcast RSS feeds now include images suitable for iTunes listings. The image for each episode can be previewed and changed using the Appearance tab of the Page inspector
• Improved stability during Host Setup
• The “Legacy (ConnectionKit)” FTP system has been removed
• Improved responsiveness while large documents are saving
• Links to pages which have since been deleted are automatically unlinked
• jQuery 1.9.1 is now automatically supported (adjustable using the Site tab of the Document inspector)
• Bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 5 days ago
- Karelia Software
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (266)
- 35.5 MB