This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Productivity
Prizmo is a reliable scanning application with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in 10 languages.
As Prizmo works both with regular scanners and digital cameras, it will help you scan any documents: invoices, receipts, boards, giant advertisements...; documents of all sizes (US Letter, US Legal, A4, and custom) and formats; indoor and outdoor photographs...
How does it work?
1. Take a picture of your document with your digital camera OR scan it with your scanner
2. Import it into Prizmo
3. Select the part of the photograph you need
4. Change brightness, contrast, height and width...
5. Perform OCR in one of the 10 languages available: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish and Norwegian
6. Save the result as a text file (pdf, rtf, txt) or an image file (jpg, png, tiff)
7. Send the image by email, print it, save it on your computer or on an external disk... as you like it!
★ Perspective Correction
★ Lens Distortion Correction
★ Page Curvature Correction
★ Real-time preview
★ Input File Formats: Regular photo files including JPEG, RAW, TIFF, as well as PDF files (even multipage)
★ State-of-the-Art OCR Technology in 10 languages from a world famous OCR specialist, ExperExchange Inc. (the company behind TypeReader Professional)
★ Spotlight Indexable Results
★ Camera Tethering
★ Scanner Support.
What are people saying about Prizmo?
"Prizmo’s optical character recognition abilities are impressive. It does a good job of recognizing printed type, not just in a flat image but also in distorted, perspective-altered camera images. Suddenly those off-the-cuff, spontaneous images are usable again." (by Linda Maloney - MacNN)
"My results were great, despite not being able to calibrate for lens distortion, and it could definitely act as my only scanner. But, it really isn’t only a scanner, it can be used on anything. If you see a movie poster or an ad that you like, and would like to have documented, just take a picture, and Prizmo will help you with perspective, cropping and everything else." (by Joe Turner - MacApper)
• Image settings are now resetted when a new image is imported
• Fixed empty preview bug for custom extraction frame