Packrat - 37signals Backpack Offline Client
Packrat is a information organizer that works with 37signals' Backpack (www.backpackit.com), a information organizer web application. Packrat gives you the ability to you use your Backpack data when you're offline. Before you hit the road for the first time with Packrat, just use the Sync command to sync with Backpack and your data is duplicated on your Mac. View and edit your data offline or online. When you're online, Packrat will automatically inform Backpack of your changes and Backpack will be up to date.
“ the killer syncing and offline Backpack client that does even more than Backpack itself ”
- David Chartier, The Unofficial Apple Weblog
“ If you’re increasingly getting frustrated with offline time, it might just be the solution you’ve been looking for. ”
- Giles Turnbul, MacDevCenter
Packrat 2.0 adds
* Document-based user interface to support multiple Backpack accounts
* inline editing of page contents and reminders
* Downloading of your attachments and images for offline access
* Drag and Drop to reorder page contents
* New user interface design to support future UI enhancements
* View and edit your 37signals' Backpack data offline and keep it in sync with your local copy.
* Delete all completed items in a list with a single click.
* Toggle between showing all completed list items and truncating them.
* Use Packrat in your Automator workflows with the Synchronize with Backpack Automator action
* Use AppleScript to manipulate your data in ways only you can imagine.
* Uses Growl for reminder notifications.
Packrat requires a Backpack account from www.backpackit.com. infiniteNIL and Packrat are not affiliated with 37signals or Backpack.
- Fixed crash restoring open documents caused by sandboxing
- Now requires Lion due to sandboxing issues
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 14, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (4)
- 3.2 MB