Mac OS Productivity
Welcome to OmniOutliner 4, an amazingly flexible yet lightweight program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Use OmniOutliner’s document structure to brainstorm new ideas, drill out specifics, and construct a beautiful document for sharing. It’s way more than just an outlining tool—you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, pop-up lists, and a fantastically rich styles system at your disposal. It’s perfect for drafting a simple to-do list, creating an agenda for a meeting, taking notes at said meeting, planning events, writing anything from diaries to screenplays, or any other task that calls for structured text.
• Sync: Keep your documents up to date between Macs or to OmniOutliner for iOS with OmniPresence, our free sync technology.
• Organization: Add structure to your thoughts and notes by creating easy-to-manipulate collapsible outlines (lists of lists of lists).
• Sections: See your whole document structure in the sidebar; just click a section to instantly focus in on it.
• Columns: Use columns to associate different types of information with each item—pop-up lists, checkboxes, numerical values, dates, durations, or rich text.
• Styles: OmniOutliner helps you format on the fly with a rich Styles system designed to give you everything you need to apply style changes—from one word at a time to document-wide. Change once; change everywhere.
• Saved templates and themes: Save your favorite documents as templates; then use them as starting points for new documents or apply their styles to an existing document as a theme.
• Attachments: Insert any kind of file; images and other media appear right inline.
• Audio recording: Capture audio directly into your documents so you can, for example, refer back to the lecture or interview that you’re taking notes on.
• Exporting: OmniOutliner documents can be exported as plain text, rich text, OPML, HTML, and more.
PRO FEATURES (Available via in-app purchase)
• Column Visibility: Feel free to add as many columns as you like to your document, and show only the ones you really need at the moment.
• Folded editing: OmniOutliner actively collapses the text of all rows except the one you’re editing, so that you can see more of your document at once.
• Advanced styling: Get more control over nerdy details like custom spacing schemes and manual page breaks.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks, automate the things you do over and over, and turn OmniOutliner into a whole new app; you’ll get more done, and with fewer mistakes.
• And more: Show notes in a separate pane, export to Microsoft Word format, and even build your own export plug-ins.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
OmniOutliner 4.4.1 is a minor update fixing a number of bugs and crashes.
• URLs: Automatic detection of URLs now relies on the OS.
• Localizations: Localizations have been updated for recent changes.
• Batch Find: Focusing or unfocusing on rows should now correctly update the scope of any active search.
• Keyboard shortcuts: Named styles can now be deleted by selecting it in the sidebar and pushing the delete key.
• Inspectors: The inspector should no longer auto-switch to the Documents tab when editing starts on a non-rich text cell.
• Exports: Should text end up with a line height multiple of 0, it will be set to a reasonable value when exported to docx.
• Exports: Re-adjusted how font weights are mapped to CSS values for HTML exports.
• Exports: Fixed an issue with quotation marks in row text causing incorrect output under certain circumstances for CSV export.
• Exports: URL data will now appear in CSV exports.
• Interface: Fixed a white square appearing in the Contents list when scroll bars appeared for both directions.
• Misc: Fixed a bizarre glitch triggered by using Paste and Match Style in non-rich text cells.
• Stability: Fixed a crash setting the background color of the whole document to a color from the Developer palette.
• Stability: Fixed a rare crash encountered with using the preferences.
• Stability: Fixed a rare crash with dismissing the the Resource Browser.
• Stability: Fixed a crash due to undoing the creation of a new row by dragging content out of a date column.
For more details, please see the longer release notes which are available from the Help menu in the app.
We appreciate that you're taking the time to read these release notes. If you are enjoying OmniOutliner, please consider rating it in the Mac App Store!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.