Welcome to OmniOutliner 4, an amazingly flexible yet lightweight program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Use OmniOutliner’s document structure to brainstorm new ideas, drill out specifics, and construct a beautiful document for sharing. It’s way more than just an outlining tool—you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, pop-up lists, and a fantastically rich styles system at your disposal. It’s perfect for drafting a simple to-do list, creating an agenda for a meeting, taking notes at said meeting, planning events, writing anything from diaries to screenplays, or any other task that calls for structured text.
• Sync: Keep your documents up to date between Macs or to OmniOutliner for iPad with OmniPresence, our free sync technology.
• Organization: Add structure to your thoughts and notes by creating easy-to-manipulate collapsible outlines (lists of lists of lists).
• Sections: See your whole document structure in the sidebar; just click a section to instantly focus in on it.
• Columns: Use columns to associate different types of information with each item—pop-up lists, checkboxes, numerical values, dates, durations, or rich text.
• Styles: OmniOutliner helps you format on the fly with a rich Styles system designed to give you everything you need to apply style changes—from one word at a time to document-wide. Change once; change everywhere.
• Saved templates and themes: Save your favorite documents as templates; then use them as starting points for new documents or apply their styles to an existing document as a theme.
• Attachments: Insert any kind of file; images and other media appear right inline.
• Audio recording: Capture audio directly into your documents so you can, for example, refer back to the lecture or interview that you’re taking notes on.
• Exporting: OmniOutliner documents can be exported as plain text, rich text, OPML, HTML, and more.
PRO FEATURES (Available via in-app purchase)
• Column Visibility: Feel free to add as many columns as you like to your document, and show only the ones you really need at the moment.
• Folded editing: OmniOutliner actively collapses the text of all rows except the one you’re editing, so that you can see more of your document at once.
• Advanced styling: Get more control over nerdy details like custom spacing schemes and manual page breaks.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks, automate the things you do over and over, and turn OmniOutliner into a whole new app; you’ll get more done, and with fewer mistakes.
• And more: Show notes in a separate pane, export to Microsoft Word format, and even build your own export plug-ins.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
OmniOutliner 4.2 updates the interface to fit in with Mac OS X Yosemite and fixes a number of bugs.
Recent Changes and Bug Fixes
• User Interface - OmniOutliner has undergone an interface update in order to make it look more at home on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
• Resource Browser - Thumbnail images used in the resource browser are now cached on disk making interactions with it much quicker.
• Export - The Keynote export has been removed. This export wrote out to the Keynote v1 format which is no longer supported by the latest Keynote version.
• Help - Help document content has been updated.
• Notes - When notes are being viewed in pane, the note icon on the row will correctly indicate if a note exists.
• Export - The way conflicting attachment names are dealt with has been changed. Certain characters in file names will also be replaced. This allows supported image formats to always properly export to the MS Word docx format. Existing documents with such attachments just need to be re-saved to adopt these changes. If you still encounter any issues, please contact us at email@example.com and send a copy of the OmniOutliner document.
• Export - Exporting while focused should now properly export.
• Templates - The first page customized header has been removed from all built-in templates.
• Templates - Some templates had unnecessary clear background fills applied to parts of text. This has been removed to avoid any such styles from unknowingly propagating to other content.
• Stability - Looking up a word with the Dictionary popover will no longer crash.
• Stability - Fixed a crash that occurred when typing more than two digits into the "Spaces between columns" preference.
• Stability - Fixed a crash that could occur when applying a style theme.
• Stability - Fixed a crash related to reverting a file while viewing notes in pane.
• Stability - Fixed an issue that prevented some files with an unsupported style attribute from loading.
• Stability - Fixed a crash that could happen during a software update check when gathering hardware information.
• Stability - Fixed a crash that could occur when the About panel or Help window was closed.
• Upgrading - When upgrading to OmniOutliner Pro, it will no longer be required to relaunch to enable AppleScript.
We appreciate that you're taking the time to read these release notes. If you are enjoying OmniOutliner, please consider rating it in the Mac App Store!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 5 days ago
- The Omni Group
- 17.9 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (27)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• OmniFocus 2
• OmniFocus 2
• OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
• OmniGraffle 2
• OmniGraffle 6
• OmniOutliner 2
• OmniOutliner Pro
• OmniPlan 2