Welcome to OmniOutliner 4, an amazingly flexible yet lightweight program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Use OmniOutliner’s document structure to brainstorm new ideas, drill out specifics, and construct a beautiful document for sharing. It’s way more than just an outlining tool—you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, pop-up lists, and a fantastically rich styles system at your disposal. It’s perfect for drafting a simple to-do list, creating an agenda for a meeting, taking notes at said meeting, planning events, writing anything from diaries to screenplays, or any other task that calls for structured text.
• Sync: Keep your documents up to date between Macs or to OmniOutliner for iPad with OmniPresence, our free sync technology.
• Organization: Add structure to your thoughts and notes by creating easy-to-manipulate collapsible outlines (lists of lists of lists).
• Sections: See your whole document structure in the sidebar; just click a section to instantly focus in on it.
• Columns: Use columns to associate different types of information with each item—pop-up lists, checkboxes, numerical values, dates, durations, or rich text.
• Styles: OmniOutliner helps you format on the fly with a rich Styles system designed to give you everything you need to apply style changes—from one word at a time to document-wide. Change once; change everywhere.
• Saved templates and themes: Save your favorite documents as templates; then use them as starting points for new documents or apply their styles to an existing document as a theme.
• Attachments: Insert any kind of file; images and other media appear right inline.
• Audio recording: Capture audio directly into your documents so you can, for example, refer back to the lecture or interview that you’re taking notes on.
• Exporting: OmniOutliner documents can be exported as plain text, rich text, OPML, HTML, and more.
PRO FEATURES (Available via in-app purchase)
• Column Visibility: Feel free to add as many columns as you like to your document, and show only the ones you really need at the moment.
• Folded editing: OmniOutliner actively collapses the text of all rows except the one you’re editing, so that you can see more of your document at once.
• Advanced styling: Get more control over nerdy details like custom spacing schemes and manual page breaks.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks, automate the things you do over and over, and turn OmniOutliner into a whole new app; you’ll get more done, and with fewer mistakes.
• And more: Show notes in a separate pane, export to Microsoft Word format, and even build your own export plug-ins.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
OmniOutliner 4.1 adds intra-document row links, new toolbar icons, and improved Microsoft Word export. OmniOutliner 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 fixes some compatibility issues with OS X Yosemite as well as some other bugs.
Fixed in 4.1.4:
• Fonts - All supported font weights per font family should now be useable when running under OS X Yosemite.
• Help - Some minor corrections made to the OmniOutliner help files.
Fixed in 4.1.3:
• VoiceOver – When VoiceOver is active, clicking on the Zoom toolbar button should no longer cause a crash under OS X Yosemite.
• Fonts – Files using certain fonts that are not available on the current device should now open.
• Columns – Entering dates with the date calendar should now preserve the year even when the display format does not display it.
• Help Viewer – The Help Viewer should now behave properly when running under OS X Yosemite.
• Misc – The Welcome document should now have the correct appearance when opened from the Help menu with the OS X Yosemite dark menu bar turned on.
• Word Export – The column style of the outline column should now apply to the export.
• Word Export – Notes should now use the text alignment set in the document instead of always being left aligned.
• Word Export – When row level styles contain nothing but a named style, those attributes should now be applied correctly to the export.
We appreciate that you're taking the time to read these release notes. If you are enjoying OmniOutliner, please consider rating it in the Mac App Store!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 04, 2014
- The Omni Group
- 31.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (23)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• OmniFocus 2
• OmniFocus 2 for iPad
• OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
• OmniGraffle 2
• OmniGraffle 6
• OmniOutliner 2
• OmniOutliner Pro
• OmniPlan 2