Mac OS Productivity
This is OmniOutliner 5: a flexible, svelte, and focused app for creating, collecting, and organizing information and ideas. OmniOutliner Essentials is simple—everything you need to get started. Pro adds powerful features like smart columns, password protection, keyboard shortcuts, and plenty more. Try out both for free!
Use an outline to put structure on new ideas, rearrange them and construct beautiful documents for sharing with built-in themes. But it’s way more than just an outlining tool—you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, pop-up lists, and a fantastically rich styles system.
Draft a simple to-do list, create an agenda for a meeting, take notes, plan events, write anything from diaries to screenplays, or any other task that calls for structured text.
FREE TRIAL (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
With the free two week trial, you can try all of the features of Essentials and Pro. After the trial, you can continue to use OmniOutliner to view documents for free.
ESSENTIALS EDITION FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Filters: Use the search field in the toolbar to do a quick keyword filter.
• Document Stats: Row, word, and character count are displayed in the bottom bar.
• Distraction-Free Mode: Automatically hide the toolbar when switching to full screen.
• Side Margins: drag the margin borders to set the width of your outline independent of your display width.
• Cell Highlight: The cell being edited is indicated by a highlight on the left edge to give you more context.
• Touch Bar: Use and customize the Touch Bar for quick access to features.
• Dark Mode: OmniOutliner’s UI adapts to match your document theme.
• Bottom Padding: You’ll no longer be stuck typing at the bottom of the window with the extra padding added below outlines.
• Typewriter Mode: Keep your eye line constant by keeping the active row in the middle of the screen.
• New File Format: OmniOutliner 5 uses a new .ooutline format: a flat (zipped) file that is more compatible with third-party cloud platforms.
• Pro Document Compatibility: Documents with Pro features are fully viewable in Essentials, along with an option to import a copy that removes all Pro content.
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Filters: Create and save complex filters based on status, column data, and boolean operations.
• Password Encryption: Add a password to secure your documents (AES-256 encryption).
• Slide-in Sidebars: In full screen, moving the cursor to either edge of the screen makes the sidebars appear temporarily.
• Style Preview: A preview of the style you are inspecting is shown at the top of the inspectors.
• Multiple-Row Focus: Focus on multiple selections by command-clicking them in the section list.
• Resize Column to Fit: Select a column and have OmniOutliner adjust the width with the Resize to fit button in the Column Type Inspector.
• Specify Column Widths: The Column Inspector now has an editable field for the width. Columns can also be set to resize with the window or be set to a specific width.
• Keyboard Shortcuts: Easily customize shortcuts to your own liking.
• Excel Export: Export to xlsx format.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
OmniOutliner 5.3 remembers the last used setting in the Search field and fixes Quick Look on macOS High Sierra. This release also fixes numerous bugs and crashes.
• Search: The Search field in the toolbar remembers the last used setting between Filter and Batch Find.
• Resource Browser: Templates can be reorganized in folders by dragging them around.
• Resource Browser: Template folders can be renamed.
• Quick Look: Quick Look now works on macOS High Sierra.
• Filter: Rows hidden under two or more collapsed parents will appear in flat filtered results.
• Outline View: Fixed a bug causing child rows to display in the wrong order after ungrouping or outdenting a row.
• Performance: Made saving certain documents faster.
• Copy/Paste/Duplicate: Copying and pasting, or duplicating a row with pop-up column values will retain those values.
• Fonts: Fixed an issue with text not displaying sometimes when using the Kailasa font.
• Encryption: Password hints on flat format .ooutline files are now stored in a sync-friendly way.
• Exports: Fixed a bug with font colors being applied incorrectly in PowerPoint exports.
• Export: HTML and HTML (Dynamic) formats no longer try to display Photoshop files inline.
• Quickstart: When in trial mode, the Quickstart guide message about switching modes accurately reflects the current mode.
• Omni Automation: Fixed a bug preventing Style.link from returning normal URLs.
• Resource Browser: You can interact with files by double-clicking on them in list mode.
• Stability: Fixed a crash caused by applying a theme that had multiple named styles of the same name.
• Stability: Fixed a memory management crash on Sierra often encountered when closing a file.
• Stability: Fixed a hang converting certain Pro documents to Essentials.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniOutliner.
If OmniOutliner empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniOutliner and make them more productive too.