Mac OS Productivity
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation.
Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Recognized by Apple as the Best Selling Paid Productivity app in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to take notes, sketch ideas, annotate PDFs, mark-up photos, record lectures, provide audio feedback and more. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note taking experience at school, at home, and at work. And with iCloud, your notes are always up to date.
Notability is designed for Mac
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
Capture memorable notes with these essential features
- Type reports and outlines in a variety of fonts, sizes, colors and styles.
- Text automatically reflows around images.
- Highlight typed text.
- Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Draw perfectly straight lines by holding the Shift key.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
Audio Recordings: Review and Give Feedback
- Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
- Notes automatically link to recordings, so during playback, you can watch your notes animate along with the recording, or tap them to get to the spot that needs clarifying.
- Teachers can also use these features to provide audio feedback to students.
Import and Annotate PDFs
- Highlight text and Copy & Paste text in PDFs using the Typing tool.
- Search PDF text.
- Mark up lecture slides and meeting agendas or complete class assignments.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms.
- Import doc and ppt files with the help of Google Drive.
All Electronic Workflow
- Create a paperless classroom -- handout and collect assignments via the cloud.
- Speed-up feedback to students and colleagues using Notability.
- Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
Organize and Share Notes
- Create subjects and simply drag notes into them.
- Share your notes via email, AirDrop, printer, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- Retrieve recently deleted notes from the Mac OS X Trash.
- iCloud automatically syncs all of your notes to iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive can be used to backup your notes and are great for archiving or recovery.
We hope you enjoy using Notability, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Improvements & fixes in 2.6.2 ***
(√) OneDrive: Added support for business and education accounts
(√) Bug fix: Some notes could take a long time to load
(√) Bug fix: Incorrect text layout in older notes
(√) Bug fix: Changing list style now uses the correct list numbering
(√) Bug fix: Emojis now show up properly in playback mode
*** Bug fixes in 2.6.1 ***
(√) Fixed a crash on startup that affected some users
(√) Fixed a crash when exporting/importing from Google Drive
(√) Other minor bug fixes
*** What's New in 2.6 ***
(√) OneDrive support
--- Like Google Drive and Dropbox, OneDrive is now supported for Auto-backup
--- Keep track of your tasks and grocery lists in Notability
--- Click the circle to the left of an item to mark the item as complete
--- Like numbered and bulleted lists, checklists can be any color, can be indented, and will wrap around images
(√) GIF support
--- Add some fun and self expression to your notes with GIFs
(√) Performance improvements for large, heavily-annotated PDFs
(√) Accessibility improvements
(√) Bug fixes
--- Fixed a bug that caused excessive background activity and battery usage after recording audio
--- Fixed a bug that kept the file import/export menus from showing all items in Dropbox folders with more than 2,000 items
--- Pressing "enter" twice while in the middle of a list now separates the list into two lists
If you're enjoying Notability, we'd appreciate it if you took the time to leave us a review, thanks!