Nisus Writer Express
Mac OS Productivity
Nisus Writer Express is the powerful, yet easy to use word processor for OS X. Express features the same elegant user interface and compatibility that has been universally praised by both users and press alike.
Nisus Writer Express begins with an intuitive, customizable interface that stays out of your way. Our style sheet view lets you quickly create great looking documents. Tools such as find and replace (with regular expressions) allow you to polish your documents. When you need to share your documents, Express is ready with RTF (rich text format) and Word (.doc, .docx) export support.
Nisus Software has a long history of supporting many different languages, and Nisus Writer Express was designed with multilingual users in mind. Express supports Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese and Korean scripts. Express offers support for right to left scripts like Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian.
From a simple letter to that novel you have always wanted to write, Nisus Writer Express is the powerful tool for writers everywhere.
• multilingual support (including right to left text)
• footnotes and endnotes
• text wrap around images
• widow and orphan control
• small caps support
• sophisticated find and replace (regular expressions)
• keyboard shortcuts
• bullets and numbering (list styles)
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import)
- Plain Text (Unicode and legacy encodings)
• and much more
- Fixed: when running on OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard), could crash in certain circumstances.
- Fixed: lang: improved automatic hyphenation for non-English languages.
- Fixed: soft hyphens now transfer from Nisus Writer to Word properly.
- Fixed: lang: when running on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), could be very slow to show the list of languages.
- Fixed: images: editing an equation externally (eg: in MathType) correctly refreshes the image.
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements