Nisus Writer Express
*On sale through May 9 for only $25!*
Nisus Writer Express is the powerful, yet easy to use word processor for OS X. Express features the same elegant user interface and compatibility that has been universally praised by both users and press alike.
Nisus Writer Express begins with an intuitive, customizable interface that stays out of your way. Our style sheet view lets you quickly create great looking documents. Tools such as find and replace (with regular expressions) allow you to polish your documents. When you need to share your documents, Express is ready with RTF (rich text format) and Word (.doc, .docx) export support.
Nisus Software has a long history of supporting many different languages, and Nisus Writer Express was designed with multilingual users in mind. Express supports Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese and Korean scripts. Express offers support for right to left scripts like Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian.
From a simple letter to that novel you have always wanted to write, Nisus Writer Express is the powerful tool for writers everywhere.
• multilingual support (including right to left text)
• footnotes and endnotes
• text wrap around images
• widow and orphan control
• small caps support
• sophisticated find and replace (regular expressions)
• keyboard shortcuts
• bullets and numbering (list styles)
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import)
- Plain Text (Unicode and legacy encodings)
• and much more
This update is a maintenance release intended to address a few select issues and provide compatibility with Mac OS X 10.8.
• Fixed: splash screen can incorrectly stay visible after Nisus Writer finishes launching.
• Fixed: print: preview in print dialog can be clipped/zoomed incorrectly.
• Fixed: styles: possible hangs when using stylesheet view when running on OSX 10.8.
• Fixed: Apple's "Start Dictation" menu command should appear on the Edit menu (when using OSX 10.8)
• Fixed: poor hyphenation for many non-English languages.
• Fixed: a variety of issues when making a PDF/printout.
• Fixed: some problems with semibold font faces being converted to full (or "faked") bold.
• Fixed: typing over (replacing) a selected word that was an island of formatting (eg: just the selected word was bolded) should insert new text that is formatted exactly the same.
• Opt: faster subsequent launches.
• A variety of other fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 10, 2013
- Nisus Software, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 35.7 MB