Nisus Writer Express
Mac OS Productivity
Nisus Writer Express is the feature filled, yet easy to use word processor for macOS. Express features an elegant user interface and compatibility that has been universally praised by both users and press alike.
Nisus Writer Express begins with an intuitive, customizable interface that stays out of your way. Our style sheet view lets you quickly create great looking documents. Tools such as find and replace (with regular expressions) allow you to polish your documents. When you need to share your documents, Express is ready with RTF (rich text format) and Word (.doc, .docx) export support.
Nisus Software has a long history of supporting many different languages, and Nisus Writer Express was designed with multilingual users in mind. Express supports Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese and Korean scripts. Express offers support for right to left scripts like Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian.
From a simple letter to that novel you have always wanted to write, Nisus Writer Express is the powerful tool for writers everywhere.
• macOS autosave and document versioning
• multilingual support (including right to left text)
• footnotes and endnotes
• text wrap around images
• widow and orphan control
• small caps support
• sophisticated find and replace (regular expressions)
• keyboard shortcuts
• bullets and numbering (list styles)
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import)
- Plain Text (Unicode and legacy encodings)
• and much more
• Added support for the Touch Bar, as found on some new MacBook models.
• Improved support for tabbed documents on macOS 10.12 Sierra:
- All tab menu commands should also appear on the View menu.
- Added a New Tab command that always opens a blank document in a new tab.
- Added a menu option that controls whether or not documents are opened in tabs.
- If documents are reopened at launch, tabs should be maintained.
• Fixed: sometimes autosaved Untitled files were not automatically cleared away after the user explicitly saved the document.
• Fixed: tables: sometimes scrolling a selection inside a table into view would scroll too far.
• Fixed: a few crash and hang bugs related to the Touch Bar.