Nisus Writer Express
Mac OS Productivity
Nisus Writer Express is the feature filled, yet easy to use word processor for OS X. Express features an elegant user interface and compatibility that has been universally praised by both users and press alike.
Nisus Writer Express begins with an intuitive, customizable interface that stays out of your way. Our style sheet view lets you quickly create great looking documents. Tools such as find and replace (with regular expressions) allow you to polish your documents. When you need to share your documents, Express is ready with RTF (rich text format) and Word (.doc, .docx) export support.
Nisus Software has a long history of supporting many different languages, and Nisus Writer Express was designed with multilingual users in mind. Express supports Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Chinese, Japanese and Korean scripts. Express offers support for right to left scripts like Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian.
From a simple letter to that novel you have always wanted to write, Nisus Writer Express is the powerful tool for writers everywhere.
• Mac OS X autosave and document versioning
• multilingual support (including right to left text)
• footnotes and endnotes
• text wrap around images
• widow and orphan control
• small caps support
• sophisticated find and replace (regular expressions)
• keyboard shortcuts
• bullets and numbering (list styles)
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import)
- Plain Text (Unicode and legacy encodings)
• and much more
• Fixed: Nisus Writer’s autosave delay preference could be improperly ignored.
• Fixed: documents with certain kinds of automatic numbers can trigger crashes on OSX 10.11.
• Prevent possible hang when printing panel is shown.
• Other smaller fixes and refinements.
New in Version 3.5.1:
• Fixed a bug where the application could crash after closing a document window under certain conditions.
New in Version 3.5:
• Added support for Mac OS X document versioning, where a user can browse and revert to older versions of any document.
• Added support for Mac OS X autosave, where changes to all opens documents are saved regularly.
• Added support for iCloud.
• Switched to 64-bit and runs within the Mac App sandbox.
• Many bug fixes and other smaller enhancements.