Metanota is a beautiful OSX client and editor for creating and managing notes using well known cloud based services like SimpleNote and Evernote or simply local notes on your Mac.
Other note-taking cloud providers will be added constantly.
The Pro version is advertising free and all options are activated by default.
# All functions are easy to see and access
The user interface is carefully streamlined, no unnecessary elements are left floating around.
Metanota’s goal is to avoid interfering between you and your work.
# Markdown highlighting
Nearly all Markdown specs are correctly displayed and sync'ed to the supported online providers. And it really looks beautifull in the note editor.
# Intelligent auto-formatting (if you don't like Markdown)
The note editor automatically formats the first line of a note as header and shows lists as, well, lists.
Just put a dash (-) and space in front of a paragraph and the correct indentation is added at once.
Or, if you like plain and simple text, you can selectively turn off each feature.
# In sync with your SImplenote and/or Evernote account(s)
All notes and tags, even deleted notes, are kept perfectly synchronized
But you can work offline as long as you want.
# Fully manage Simplenote tags
Tags are presented as folders, making easy to neatly organize your content.
Local folders can be created, renamed or deleted, every change being promptly replicated to your SimpleNote account.
And, last but not least, Metanota is maybe the only option we have to actually rename a Simplenote tag.
A network connection is required to sync with Simplenote or Evernote accounts.
Just try it !
Bug fixes and stability improvements :
- markdown formatting was lost after the current note was changed on server
- notes with an empty title failed to sync with Evernote
- markdown marking in Simplenote is now preserved
- the main window lost focus when changing screens
- crash when clicking twice on the preferences button
- random crash when syncing with Evernote when a note missed it's folder
- folder name displayed over the sync button when the folder name was too lomg
- the NoAds reminder was displayed even for paying customers
- memory leaks eliminated, lower memory footprint
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 09, 2013
- Bogdan Farca
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 7.0 MB