Liquid | Author
Mac OS Productivity
A minimalist word processor with powerful tools, giving you greater control of your writing process.
• Dynamic View. Think freely without being constrained by the traditional columns of text–though the text here is connected to the text in your Word Processing View. Swipe horizontally with two fingers for the Dynamic View and double-click anywhere.
• Quick Citation Creation. Select text and cmd-T to add citations including automatic meta-information from books, web, YouTube videos, BibTeX copied information as well as manually add any further material.
• Citation Management. Citations can easily be moved around from one document to another by clicking on the citation and choosing 'Copy As BibTeX'. This copies a ‘BibTeX Bibliographic Information File’ to the clipboard which contains all the available bibliographic information which you can then use through cmd-t (for ‘citaTion’) to add the citation where you want it.
• Instant Outline. Pinch on your trackpad to fold the text to see just the headings. Pinch further in or out to see more or less headings.
• Cuttings. Everything you Cut (but not Copied) is remembered by Author. CMD-shift-v to see what you have Cut and choose what to paste.
• Supports images with complete citation information and internal links to them.
• Warm background to reduce eye strain and supports native macOS Dark Mode.
• If you only want to see sentences with a specific keyword, select the keyword cmd-f to hide all the sentences which do not have the keyword will be hidden. Click on a sentence to jump to it, cmd-f again or ESC to return to the regular view. cmd-G to do it aGain.
• Only The Controls You Need, No Distractions. cmd- / cmd+ to scale all the text, you cannot change the size, colour or font of specific text in Author, only make it bold and italic, since Author is a writing application, not a layout application so therefore gives you less things to unproductively fiddle with.
• Modern Architecture makes Author fast and gives you auto saving and everything else you would expect from a modern, native macOS application including iCloud Drive (sync with Author iOS in the future).
• ESC to go into and out of full screen, which seems like a detail but is very helpful when going between focused writing and interacting with many documents.
— Export Options —
• Export to PDF, Plain Text, RTF, & Word.
- Option of automatic addition of a cover page, appending of citations in a References section at the end of the document and choose the formatting of the citations in the document; (in brackets) or with superscript as well as an option to add numbers to headings.
- For PDF, current exports only support typed-out links (fx; www.apple.com).
- Supports Visual-Meta, alongside Liquid | Reader for one-click citing.
• Publish to WordPress, supporting multiple accounts and image attachments but currently only typed-out links, same as for export to PDF.
— A Liquid Product —
• Integrated with the Liquid | Reader PDF reader to provide instant citations through simply copying and pasting text using the Visual-Meta method as described at www.liquid.info/visual-meta.html
• Integrated with Liquid | Flow to provide hundreds of commands in less than one second on any selected text.
— Support —
Please feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions and of course, bug reports at email@example.com or @liquidizer
Thank you for looking at Liquid | Author!
• Improved Citation Management: Citations can easily be moved around from one document to another by clicking on the citation and choosing 'Copy As BibTeX'. This copies a ‘BibTeX Bibliographic Information File’ to the clipboard which contains all the available bibliographic information which you can then use through cmd-t (for ‘citaTion’) to add the citation where you want it. When you export your document this citation information will then automatically be used. This means that you can use this as a basic reference manager where you store what you come across in one document and move it to where you need it.
• Update to all aspects of Citation creation and Export: Includes option to automatically add numbers to headings.
• Dynamic View improvements: Pinch to scale.
• General quality of life improvements.