Liquid | Author
Mac OS Productivity
Liquid | Author is a word processor designed to help you Write, Cite & Publish more credible documents:
• Quick Citation Creation & Check. Select text and cmd-T to add citations including from books and videos (including playing from the moment cited, right inside Author. You can also paste a Web Address from Safari for a web-citation in one step.
• Editable Outline. Pinch to collapse the text using your trackpad to see just the Headings and then click in the left hand margin to re-arrange the Headings.
• Supports images with complete citation information.
• Read/Edit Modes for specific interactions to make both modes more powerful and pleasant, such as spacebar to move down a screen in Read mode or select text and spacebar to have the text spoken.
• If you want to see all the sentences with a specific keyword you come across, select the keywords and on cmd-f all the sentences which do not have the keyword will be hidden. Click on a sentence to jump to it, cmd-f again or ESC to return to the regular view. cmd-G to do it aGain.
•All commands have easy to remember keyboard shortcuts and you can ctrl-click on text to check what options are available, such as cmd-1,2,3,4,5 to turn the text into headings.
• Only The Controls You Need, No Distractions. cmd- / cmd+ to scale all the text, you cannot change the size, colour or font of specific text in Author, only make it bold and italic, since Author is a writing application, not a layout application so therefore gives you less things to unproductively fiddle with.
• Modern Architecture including auto saving and everything else you would expect from a modern, native macOS application including iCloud Drive (sync with Author iOS in the future).
• Warm background to reduce eye strain. Note that in full screen mode your eyes will quite quickly adjust to the cast so you will enjoy the benefit without really noticing anything different.
• ESC to go into and out of full screen, which seems like a detail but is very helpful when going between focused writing and interacting with many documents.
• Publish/Export to Plain Text, RTF, Word and PDF with automatic appending of citations in a References/Bibliography section at the end of the document with choice of citations being presented in brackets or with superscript (In-App-Upgrade).
More powerful with the Liquid | Flow companion utility. Includes Search, References, Conversions, Translations and Share to WordPress and Medium. This is a separate download, please click on it in the list on the right, here in the App Store ––>
Please feel free to contact me with questions, suggestions and of course, bug reports directly to me: firstname.lastname@example.org https://twitter.com/liquidizer
Author is a product of a passion for the possibilities of interactive text - this is just the start. For more information please visit www.liquid.info and http://futureoftext.org
On 'Publish' a cover page will be added and an improved References/Bibliography section will be appended automatically (Publishing is how Author documents are exported and is an optional In-App-Upgrade).
Supports dragging of images and clicking on them to add citation information.
Link from Safari can now be automatically be used as citation.
cmd-f now performs a search which reformats the document instantly to show only sentences with the selected text AND cmd-f again toggles back to regular view.
Many smaller improvements.