- Scans your site checking for broken links
- Checks images as well as all internal and external links
- See problems at-a-glance highlighted in colour. Double-click for more detailed information
- In short, improve your website's quality and search engine ranking
If you've maintained a website for any length of time, you'll know that links very quickly become broken, because we move, delete or change our own pages, and other people that we link to do the same.
A broken link on your site is a dead end for your visitors and will also be bad news for your search engine optimisation (SEO).
Unless you enjoy clicking every single link on your site followed by the back button, then you'll need to use a website crawler like Integrity!
Feed it your home page address (url) and Integrity will follow all of your internal links to find your pages, checking the server response code for all internal and external links found.
On features - Integrity is free and is intended to be no more than a simple but effective link checker. Note that Scrutiny is a more advanced app with features such as managing multiple sites, crawling pages requiring authentication and webmaster tools which go beyond link checking.
Fixes and improvements:
- Tests the links within an xml sitemap file (File>Open). (Has previously been able to test the links within a text file in plain text or html format but not a sitemap file.)
- Fixes problem which could lead to incorrect information in the 'occurrences' of a link where another url redirects to that url
- The above fix will lead to slight differences in the results for some sites (a small increase in data). The new version should be more accurate
- Integrity running on previous versions of OSX isn't tolerant to links which try to access a folder above the domain (eg foo.com/../somepage.html) due to changes in 10.9, such links are reported as fine. From 4.5.2, Integrity traps such links and reports them as badly formed. Note that some developers consider such links fine because they are generally tolerated by browsers (they ignore the parent directory instruction) but they're technically incorrect and there are no plans for Integrity to have an option to tolerate them
- Fixes a bug which was causing some instability under certain circumstances and an occasional crash when clearing the results of one site and starting the crawl of another
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 5 days ago
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (40)
- 1.3 MB