Mac OS Productivity
• Scans your site checking for broken links
• Checks images and linked files as well as all internal and external links
• See problems at-a-glance highlighted in colour. Double-click for more detailed information
• In short, improve your website's quality and search engine ranking
If you've maintained a website for any length of time, you'll know that links very quickly become broken, because we move, delete or change our own pages, and other people that we link to do the same. This is called 'link rot'
A broken link on your site is a dead end for your visitors and will also be bad news for your search engine optimisation (SEO).
Unless you enjoy clicking every single link on your site followed by the back button, then you'll need to use a website crawler like Integrity!
Feed it your home page address (url) and Integrity will follow all of your internal links to find your pages, checking the server response code for all internal and external links found.
On features - Integrity is free and is intended to be no more than a simple but effective link checker. Note that Scrutiny is a more advanced app with features such as managing multiple sites, crawling pages requiring authentication and webmaster tools which go beyond link checking.
• Adds much easier way to select columns for certain tables (flat view and by link) - a menu pulled down from a button just above the table. Similar menu available in export dialog too.
• Some ../ weren't being correctly resolved if they appeared within the middle of a relative link - improved now
• Adds preference to be tolerant (ie not report a problem) in cases where a ../ travels above the root domain. Although technically an error, browsers tend to tolerate this (assuming the root direcory) so such links will appear to work in a browser.
• Small fixes to meta refresh redirects
• Adds pattern matching in blacklists / whitelists. * and $ can be used
• Link inspector now remembers the size the user has dragged the previous one to
• links limit in Preferences is capped at 6 million. Previously, entering a stupidly higher number could cause problems.
• Fixes bug causing some spurious data to be included in the link check results, when 'check linked js and css files' is switched on
• Reduces some initial memory allocation - more memory efficient when scanning smaller sites.