Importer for Contacts
Mac OS Productivity
Importer for Contacts is a powerful Mac app that can convert Excel files, CSV files, and tab-delimited files into vCards. The app can also restore Address Book groups from vCards.
Importer for Contacts offers these features:
- Imports Excel files (.xlsx), including embedded pictures
- Imports CSV files that Apple Contacts refuses to open
- Imports vCards with automatic group restoration
- Maps fields automatically and remembers field mappings for future imports.
- Lets you also save field mappings as separate import setups to make repeated imports easier
- Supports custom labels (lets you also create one on-the-fly)
- Can perform automatic group assignment. Groups that do not already exist will be created. In your import file, simply add a column with a comma-separated list of group names that the contact should be a member of.
- Supports line breaks in CSV and tab-delimited text file fields (street addresses, notes, etc.) if the file is properly formatted
- Fields not supported by Contacts can be added to the "Note" field
- Provides a powerful feature to extract comma- or new-line separated labelled value lists from an import field. For example, if your import file contains a field with several phone numbers in the form "work: (123) 456-789, home: (987) 654-321", map this to the "Phone" contact field and choose "Extract from field" from the "Label" popup menu. Importer for Contacts will then split the text into separate values, assigning the provided label to each of them accordingly.
- Comes with an interactive preview to make it easier to determine the character encoding of the import file – helpful if you don't know which encoding was used or if you have no idea what a character encoding is.
Importer for Contacts is a native macOS application and supports all the fields of a Mac/iOS Address Book contact, including custom labels.
Unless unlocked with an In-App Purchase, Importer for Contacts allows the import of 10 records to give you a chance to check if the app does fit your needs.
For questions, suggestions, and bug reports please contact the author. Please don't use the review system of the App Store to ask questions.
- The content of FileMaker repeating fields can now be splitted into individual values during import using the “Extract From Field” function. In FileMaker, use the CSV format for the export. Tab-separated text will not work in this case.
- An already purchased 4-year option will automatically be transformed into a lifetime license free of charge.