Graph Paper (Hüslipapier)
Mac OS Productivity
Draw like on a graph paper. Perfect for simple diagrams, flowcharts, technical drawings, drafts or code documentation. Export to the following file formats:
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- EPS (Encapsulated Postscript)
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- TXT (Text as ASCII art)
It works great with a drawing tablet!
This application allows you to draw simple vector art with lines, arrows, boxes, symbols and text quick and intuitive with a flexibility unavailable to other applications!
But beware: This application has a twist: Everything you draw must be a symbol on a grid.
You find tutorial videos and some examples on the website. Note that this application originally was called "Hüslipapier".
There is also a free application "Graph Paper Viewer" with many examples which allows to view, print and export Graph Paper documents (.hpd)
Unlike other applications, Graph Paper stores the contents not as vectors but rather more as a series of symbols. Nonetheless, the application is capable of easily creating vector-graphics out of these symbols. Currently, the file formats EPS, SVG and PDF are supported which are the most common technologies for scientific publications and web-graphics.
Additionally, it is possible to automatically convert the symbols to ASCII-Art and (if desired) to prepend comment symbols. This makes it easy to write documentations for your software.
Version 1.4 Features: The Limitless Update
- Canvas is infinite now.
- No more restrictions for diagonal lines.
- Arrows and curves can now be placed by positioning and dragging
- Replaced dot-tool with drawing-tool. Added three more symbols. Select the desired symbol using hotkeys 1 to 5. (Like in Minecraft!)
- Drawing Lines can now be done somewhat arbitrary.
- Tools palette is now only 1 symbol wide.
- Hüslipapier is now called Graph Paper in English localizations.
- Added German localization.
- Version 1.4.1 fixes a crash, a copy-paste bug and open spaces
- Version 1.4.2 adds numerical keypad bindings and more german localizations
- Version 1.4.3 adds more examples to the help menu
- Version 1.4.4 Improves speed, zoom and small things
- Version 1.4.5 Fixes bug and has internal improvements
- New Icon
- Fix for window positioning bug
- Fix for Viewer first startup
- Removing of deprecated API