GrowlVoice - Google Voice Client
GrowlVoice is an intuitive and fully-featured Google Voice client that brings the power of Google Voice to your Mac's menu bar.
• Send texts and initiate calls in seconds flat
• Quickly read and reply to text messages
• Listen to voicemails while you read their transcripts
• Manage and search your inbox
• Receive instant and unobtrusive notifications of new messages
• Match any desktop with beautiful light and dark themes
• Keep GrowlVoice hidden in your menu bar until you need it
• Add multiple Google Voice accounts
• Use Google Contacts or your Mac's Address Book
• Configure as you desire with dozens of preferences
• Call and text even faster with custom keyboard shortcuts
"GrowlVoice takes things even further by letting you actually use many of Google Voice’s features." "★★★★½"—MacWorld Magazine
While Google Voice already has a solid webapp, you can only do so much from the browser. Sending texts and placing calls isn't easy—you shouldn't have to shift your focus to send a quick text or initiate a call through your Google Voice number. GrowlVoice fixes that.
GrowlVoice notifies you of new messages and provides a simple and intuitive interface for replying to and reading them. You can initiate calls, send texts, and read voicemails all within a couple of clicks. You'll never have to fumble with texting on your phone's tiny keyboard or constantly check the Google Voice website while you're at your Mac again.
GrowlVoice empowers you with a vast set of features that allow you to use Google Voice in the way that best suits you. Add multiple accounts, search your inbox, employ one-key inbox or customizable global shortcuts, archive and star messages, and see your contact's pictures next their messages as you communicate with them. Threaded texts provide a simple and beautiful way to have a conversation. Inbox management and searching couldn't be easier. Have all of this and more—just one click away in your menu bar—with GrowlVoice.
• A free Google Voice account is required to use this app—see http://www.google.com/voice.
• To ensure that GrowlVoice is able to alert you of missed calls, enable "Place missed calls in the inbox" in the "Calls" tab in your Google Voice settings on the Google Voice website.
• GrowlVoice does not function as a VOIP phone. It initiates calls through your Google Voice connected phones with your Google Voice number.
- Added a short welcome process to easily add an account on first launch
- Small visual interface updates
- Various Snow Leopard bugfixes
- Small visual updates to the GrowlVoice icon
- Pressing a global shortcut with the corresponding GrowlVoice window already open now properly dismisses it
- Fixed a bug caused by automatic text replacement that could cause strange characters to show up in received messages
- Fixed a bug that could cause the GrowlVoice preferences window to open when clicking a Growl notification
- Fixed a bug that caused a jarring "pop-in" of the GrowlVoice preferences window
- Fixed a bug that could cause the cursor to start in the compose text message field instead of the number field
- Various small crash fixes
- Text messages can be populated via the GrowlVoice URL scheme with the new message argument (growlvoice:123456790?text&message=message)
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 09, 2012
- Eric Horacek
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (188)
- 3.4 MB