Found provides a lightning-fast, intuitive search experience that finds files across your Mac and personal cloud services, including Dropbox, Evernote, SkyDrive, Google Drive/Docs, and Gmail (attachments).
With a double tap of the control key, Found slides out to reveal its unique Palette user interface. Start typing and get immediate results with an instant, full-sized preview of nearly any file, even files in the cloud.
"The key to Found is speed." --ReadWriteWeb
"Once you install it on your computer, looking for things in Found quickly becomes second nature." --TechCrunch
"Being able to preview all of the files fitting a search criteria without changing browsers or windows is pretty awesome." --TheNextWeb
"…people store so much personal data in the "cloud," that [just] searching your own local computer…kind of misses the point." --CNET
"…there are some nice touches that reflect smart, careful design…" --VentureBeat
* Get back to the file you just downloaded or were recently using by typing a few characters
* Quickly look up a file or note and glance at its contents without having to dig through Finder and launch an application
* No need to log into Google Drive/Docs or Gmail just to look at or re-download a file/attachment
* Drag and drop search results into local folders as copies or emails as attachments
* Search and preview files and notes whether you're online or offline
What sources does Found search?
* Your Mac's hard drive and attached external drives
* Evernote - attach multiple accounts
* Google Drive/Docs and Gmail attachments - attach multiple Google accounts, both personal and Google Apps accounts
How does search work in Found?
* Immediately responsive, character-by-character search
* Search using just partial word prefixes - the whole word is rarely necessary. Type 'mov' for results with 'movie', 'move', and 'moving'.
* No hard-to-remember query commands to learn - type 'pdf' to look up PDF documents or 'alan' for Google Drive/Docs shared with Alan
* Found indexes each file's name, path, and, if applicable, email from/to/subject fields or Google Drive/Docs last-modified-by name
How secure and private is Found?
* All your logins and passwords are securely stored in encrypted form in your Mac's Keychain
* Found connects your Mac directly to your personal cloud services with no intermediary to index your personal data
* All searching is done locally on your Mac. No server is involved.
Find out more at foundapp.com.
Performance improvements and bug fixes in Evernote search.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 13, 2013
- Found Software, Inc.
- 3.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (88)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (374)