Mac OS Lifestyle
2014 Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
"Five mice. A Mac app that's so nice, you'll actually maintain your journal." —Macworld
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Quick entry window in menu bar (Mac version)
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
• Command-line interface for power users
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing (Displays music tracked in iOS app)
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your Mac devices with Dropbox or iCloud (iOS sync with purchase of iOS app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
• Automated local backups
## Sharing ##
• Tweet entries
• Check-in with Foursquare (iOS version)
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
Promotional image backgrounds courtesy of John Carey / fiftyfootshadows.net
- Text rendering in Read view fixed.
- Day One Sync performance improvements.
- Other minor improvements.