Bria 3 is an enterprise-grade softphone that enables you make voice and video calls, and manage your communications easily and efficiently – all from your computer desktop. Bria 3 is brought to you by CounterPath, the award-winning provider of desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Bria is a standalone softphone and not a VoIP service. A SIP server or subscription with a SIP-based VoIP provider is required to make calls.**
Voice and Video Calling Features
• High-definition voice and video calls
• Standard call features such as call hold, 3-way calling, call display and call ignore/reject and more
• Pop-up notification for incoming calls
• Video calling with detachable video window
• Hide your ID for calls
• Call recording
Instant Messaging (IM) Features
• Send and receive Instant Messages in real-time
• Send IMs to individual contacts or groups
• Use IM tabs for multiple IM conversations in one window
• See IM alerts for incoming IMs
• Invite and chat with multiple people in one IM (Group Chat via XMPP)
• Save, view and search previous Instant Messages in an IM archive
• Click to see recent IMs
• Set your presence status so your contacts know the best time to get ahold of you
• See when your contacts are away or available for calls
• Receive or block notification alerts when your contacts change their status
• Establish unique privacy rules for each contact
• Select a contact or group of contacts and be notified when their phone and presence status changes
• The easy to use and intuitive contact-centric interface focuses around your address book, making it easy to make and manage your communications
• Advanced accessibility features allow multiple display options to customize your view of Bria (hide, move or resize panels)
• Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) based signaling for all interactive media sessions
• Employ Do Not Disturb function audio/video calls and/or IM and/or availability status
• Multiple Account Integration
- Communicate with contacts from different sources and accounts, including local or company directories, Microsoft Outlook, XMPP, XCap or WebDav servers.
- Merge contacts into a single view with all of their information from different sources in the same place.
- View a contact’s presence status on their various accounts in order to choose the communication method to reach them best.
• Enhanced security features
- Security offering signaling & media encryption via TLS and SRTP
- Firewall traversal and compliance with the latest standards (ICE, STUN, & TURN)
For a more detailed feature list, please visit the CounterPath website at www.counterpath.com/bria.
New and changed features:
• DTMF via SIP info: Bria 3 now supports sending DTMF tones via SIP INFO, in addition to in-band and RFC 2833.
• SRTP improvements: the handling and security of encrypted calls have been improved
• General audio improvements for networks with high jitter.
• issues with connecting to XMPP servers with incompatible security features have been resolved.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 04, 2012
- CounterPath Corporation
- 21.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.50 (3)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.00 (4)