This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Photography
The future of tethered photography is here!
COMPANION APP FOR CAMERAMATOR WIRELESS TETHERED PHOTOGRAPHY DEVICE
Move your photo sessions beyond the viewfinder to images that jump onto your iPad and Mac screens --- while you shoot!
Instantly review them on your iPad --- no cables to get in your way.
With CameraMator you will have a faster, more creative photo shoot that gets client buy-in before you wrap the session. You’ll save time and avoid potentially expensive re-takes, letting you put your focus on the finished product.
- Requires CameraMator device for wireless connection to DSLR Cameras.
- Captured images can range from 1MB to 30MB+ each, depending on the camera settings. Make sure you have sufficient space available on the hard drive for captured images.
1. Connect the camera to the CameraMator device via its USB port.
2. Turn on the camera and set its capture format to JPEG or RAW+JPEG (any size).
3. Using the WiFi icon in the menubar, join the "CameraMator" network.
4. Start CameraMator app and press the "Start" button in the upper right-hand corner.
5. Choose your camera from the list shown in the Devices dialog box.
6. CameraMator starts in Monitor Mode by default. In this mode, you can change settings and take pictures by using the controls on the camera.
We have tested CameraMator 1.1 with the following DSLR cameras:
Canon 1Ds Mark III
Canon 1D X
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 5D Mark III
More cameras will be added to this list as testing continues.
- Captured images are transferred from the camera to the Documents/CameraMator folder on the hard drive. Each camera session (from connection to disconnection) is stored in a sub-folder.
- Using the Preference dialog, you can have the incoming images to be copied to another folder so other applications such as Photoshop, Adobe Bridge and Lightroom can import them on the fly.
If you have any comments to bugs to report, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as you can provide. Please include the make and mode of the camera being used.
Support for CameraMator device.