SmashTunes is a very nice menu bar item that lets you control iTunes as well as Spotify. It displays information about the currently playing song as well and can also display artwork.
SmashTunes also makes your media keys work with iTunes and Spotify better. When you use them for iTunes they will control iTunes. When you use them for Spotify they will control Spotify. Either app will be paused when the other starts playing. No more sound mixing. No more manual stop action of either app is required!
- iTunes and Spotify control from the menu bar
- Song information in the menu bar
- Shortcut key support for all control functions
- Media key support (works around custom Spotify implementation)
- Song ratings
- Direct playlist selection (iTunes only)
The space SmashTunes uses in the menu bar is now automatically adjusted for each application separately. The icon is displayed in case there is not enough space to display the desired track info.
- automatic length adjustment
- option to display icon when the music is paused
- track comments can be displayed now as well
- year info is shortened differently
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 20, 2014
- 1.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (11)