This app was removed from the App Store.
Course For NI Battery - The Art of Drum Programming
Mac OS Music
Discover Bill Burgess' deep secrets about the dark “art” of programming drums while simultaneously learning how Native Instrument’s classic drum machine Battery 3 works. It's like getting two tutorials for the price of one! Check it out...
Battery 3 is one of the deepest, baddest drum machines in the Native Instruments arsenal of synths. You’ve got layers upon layers of sounds and multitudes of control parameters. But what do you do with them? How do you harness all this power to create your own unique beats? Well, that’s exactly what this tutorial will teach you.
You see, there’s no better way to learn Battery 3 than by having a Master Beat Maker like Bill Burgess show you how he makes his beats. So not only will you learn all the artistic and rhythmic techniques that a seasoned drum programmer uses to make his percussion tracks come alive, but Bill also shows you how he takes control of Native Instruments’ drum technology to squeeze out every ounce of power from Battery 3's supercharged beat engine.
So if you want to know more about what makes Battery 3 tick or want to learn the theory behind how the pros program their beats, this tutorial will inspire you to explore new ways to power up you rhythm tracks!
Table of contents:
1. What to Expect
3. Accents and Articulations
5. Ghost Notes - Part 1
6. Ghost Notes - Part 2
7. Fills & Gear Shifting
8. Attributes of Great Drummers
9. Linear Grooves - Part 1
10. Linear Grooves - Part 2
11. Swung Time & Straight Time
12. Downbeats, Upbeats and Transformational Syncopation
13. Missed Beat Syncopation
14. Attributes of Great Programmers
15. Loading & Saving Kits
16. Remapping Cells For Playability
17. Layering & Fattening Samples
18. Tuning & Panning Samples
19. Volume & Pitch Envelopes
20. Echo & Loop Effects
21. Audio Processing for Samples
22. Modulation Effects
23. Flam's, Drags, Ruffs and Release Strokes
24. Voice & Choke Groups
25. Alternating Effects
26. Going Mental with Latch & Retrigger
27. Beat Mode & Sliced Loop Kits
28. Audio Processing for Kits
29. Mapping Battery to Knobs & Faders
30. Routing Battery to Multiple Output Channels
31. Two Last Tricks- Whip Snaps & Stick Clicks