CloudPlay - Stream Free Music from YouYube, SoundCloud, exfm, online radio, and more
CloudPlay is a lightweight music player that lets you search and make playlists out of free music on the web.
Type a few keywords and instantly see free music appear from your local iTunes library, YouTube, SoundCloud, exfm, Official.fm, Jamendo, BandSoup, and thousands of online radio stations. Double-click on a song to start playing the results, or add your favorite songs to a playlist.
Playlists can contain music from different sources, so you can mix and match a few videos from YouTube, some songs from iTunes, and a few from Official.fm, for example.
Too lazy to make your own playlists? Click on the playlists menu to explore curated playlists and popular tracks on Console.fm (everything from Chill Out and Progressive House to Hip-Hop and Trance), YouTube, Jamendo, Shuffler.fm, and other sites.
NOTE: iTunes Match is not supported at this time due to a technical restriction. Music from iTunes Match will not be shown in CloudPlay, but all other tracks will be playable.
- As-you-type search of iTunes, YouTube, SoundCloud, exfm, BandSoup, Jamendo, Official.fm
- Create unlimited playlists
- Play your YouTube favorites and playlists (no editing yet)
- Optimized for retina display
- Automatically hide player when switching to another app
- Launch on login
- Independent volume control
- Repeat all, repeat 1, and shuffle modes
- Apple Remote support
- YouTube HD quality setting
- Share tracks via Twitter, Facebook, IM, and email (OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion only)
- Last.fm scrobbling
- Assignable hotkey to open player
- Use media keys with ⇧⌥ modifier (App Store requires this to avoid conflicts with iTunes)
- More sources
- Full-screen YouTube videos
- Playlist syncing
… and more!
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING?
"CloudPlay makes it really simple to add lots of music from lots of different places to a single playlist. On top of that, you get videos, too, which was so cool, I had to turn CloudPlay off to get any work done." -- Mac.AppStorm (scored 9 out of 10)
"CloudPlay sits in the menu bar and plays while you work. It's simple, but works really well." -- Lifehacker
"I listen to music from a number of places while I’m working. It’s kind of a pain switching between [sources]. Until now. Meet CloudPlay." -- Cult of Mac
FEEDBACK, BUGS, SUGGESTIONS?
We love hearing from you guys! Please don't hesitate to contact us, we want to make sure you're happy :)
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @CloudPlayFM
- Web: cloudplay.fm
- Fix empty Shuffler.fm channels
- Pressing spacebar now toggles play/pause (as long as search field is empty)
- Fix empty YouTube playlists & favorites
- YouTube playlists & favorites now return up to 50 videos per list, ignoring deleted & unplayable videos (eg. due to content restrictions)
- Support playback of music not in the standard iTunes music folder location (change in Preferences -> Sources -> iTunes; location should match what is set in iTunes preferences)
- Recently Added iTunes playlist
If you're logged into YouTube, please logout and login again through Preferences -> Sources -> YouTube.
We're really sorry that it took so long to bring you this update. Thank you for your continued patience and support! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need anything :)
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 05, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (29)
- 2.8 MB