BarRemote (for Spotify)
BarRemote is a simple app that allows you to control your Spotify player from the menubar. You can control local playback or playback on other Macs in your network if they are also running the BarRemote app.
You can also use your iPhone to control Spotify on your Mac. The BarRemote app for iOS is available as a free download in the iOS App Store.
Discovery of machines is automatic, and you don't have worry about IP addresses or port numbers. The apps will find themselves and connect automatically.
Launch the app and you're instantly controlling Spotify on your local machine.
Playback controls can be shown in the menu bar, or inside the application window.
There is support for seeking in track, so you can jump to any point in the current track. You can also control volume, shuffle and repeat options.
HOW TO MAKE REMOTE CONTROL FUN:
1. Fire the radio. In the office, have one machine that is playing Spotify. Using remote control anyone can skip that annoying track, or turn down the volume if that important phone call comes in.
You see, we're all for democracy in the office.
2. For the curious. If everyone in your office is using headphones you can all peak at what each other is listening. You obviously don't want everyone to be able to change your tracks. Just flick the switch to disable remote control of your machine. Now they can only see what you're playing.
Still won't help you with those tracks you secretly enjoy. The ones you don't want anyone to know about.
3. For the physically active. With the release of the iOS app, playback control is in your pocket. No matter where you are. No matter...
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 25, 2012
- CodexBit Software
- 1.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.50 (9)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (9)