Mac OS Lifestyle
Join the thousands of people who use Universalis daily!
You will get:
• The Catholic liturgical calendar for every year (until the year 2300 and beyond!). You can choose from over 20 local calendars, for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland and India, and most of the dioceses of the UK.
• The About Today page gives you information and meditations on the saints and feasts of the day.
• The Readings at Mass page gives you the readings, psalms, prayers and antiphons for the day’s Mass. The readings are the Jerusalem Bible version with the Grail psalms, except for the USA and the Philippines, where they are from the New American Bible.
• The Liturgy of the Hours pages give you Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer, the three daytime Hours, and the Office of Readings. The scripture readings are from the Jerusalem Bible and the psalms are the Grail psalms.
• The unique Mass Today page gives you the Order of Mass and the prayers, readings and so on, all merged into one single sequence, so that you can follow Mass; or even celebrate it if you can find a discreet place to put a laptop on your altar!
• The calendar shows the liturgical colours of each day, and the About Today page explains them.
Everything is permanently built in to the Universalis app. You do not need an Internet connection.
You can choose fonts and font sizes (including huge ones if you can’t see well).
You can also set up an email service to send you selected pages automatically each day.
For full details of the translations used, visit www.universalis.com.
In the psalms in the Liturgy of the Hours, “chant marks” show you where the stresses in each line should go. For example:
“If you lóok at the márks,
You will sée how the psálm should be chánted.”
The chant marks are optional and you can turn them on and off. They are quite useful even if you are only chanting silently in your head.