Mac OS Lifestyle
EyeSpy is a simple and fun toy for the Apple macOS system. Cartoon eyes watch your mouse cursor as it moves about the screen! EyeSpy includes the ability to Share with Friends! You can easily share cartoon characters via Messages, Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and any other social media sharing service supported by macOS Sierra (our most hotly requested feature in our focus groups).
EyeSpy is available as a free download from the Apple Mac App Store, with additional cartoon eyes available via In-App Purchase. Available characters include:
• Chirpy —a cute blue bird
• BeeOncé —a queen bee with a swarm of tiny bee friends
• Barnyard Babies —several cute baby animals including Champ, the baby goat!
• EyeScream —several floating eyes, an homage to the original concept, including Googly eyes, Ping Pong Ball eyes, and various cartoon eyes
• Citron Spies —a viper's set of sassy, tart, and juicy secret agents!
The concept of cartoon eyes following the mouse cursor (as in EyeSpy) enjoys a rich history. The concept appears to have originated in the early days of the first modern graphical windowing systems for computers, possibly as early as 1986. It may have been invented independently by at least two different people.
illumineX introduced EyeSpy, our version of this toy concept, at the turn of the century on the preview versions of Mac OS X. At a time when only 2 million people used Mac OS X, our free toys including EyeSpy and the illumineX Screen Saver PaX had over 200,000 downloads! That's right, in the early days of Mac OS X, roughly 10% of everyone using Mac OS X had spent some time playing with EyeSpy.
EyeSpy is back, better and more fun than ever with a variety of professional cartoon art and more to come.
EyeSpy runs on iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and other Apple computers running macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and newer. EyeSpy is a fully modern all-new implementation for macOS Sierra built with Apple's SpriteKit and CoreAnimation libraries.
* Performance tuning
* Improved animation performance for the bee character, BeeOncé
* Stability enhancements (the app would sometimes die after running for several days)
* Introduces feature support for drifting balloon characters