Time Out - Break Reminders
Mac OS Healthcare & Fitness
You deserve a break. Easy break reminders, with flexible customization if you want it.
It is very easy to fall into bad habits when using a computer for hours on end. You care about what you are doing, so can sometimes push yourself too far, or over-strain yourself. The human body isn't built to sit in one position for endless hours, gripping a mouse or typing on the keyboard. Dejal Time Out is here to help. It will gently remind you to take a break on a regular basis.
Time Out comes with two kinds of breaks: a "Normal" break, typically for 10 minutes every hour, so you can move about and relax, plus a "Micro" break: a very brief pause of typically 15 seconds every 15 minutes, so you can remember not to tense up too much for long periods. You can change, disable or remove either kind of break if desired, and add new kinds of breaks, e.g. fixed lunch or afternoon breaks.
You can configure how long each kind of break lasts, and how long between breaks, and the breaks can be set to count backwards when you take a natural break, e.g. when you go away from your computer.
Version 2 features customizable break themes, with several variations to show during breaks. These themes can be edited if desired, using standard HTML.
While in a break, a progress bar shows how long till it is over, and buttons are available to postpone or skip the break if you can't be interrupted right then.
What's more, you can optionally perform various actions before, during or after breaks. You can display a notification, play a sound, speak some text, run a script, and more.
• Added a Statistics page under Activity, that includes a summary of breaks and a line chart of the number of times a break was postponed, skipped, or done in a day, or the total duration of breaks.
• Option to disable buttons for a few seconds, to help break a habitual clicking of the buttons; to encourage you to consider if you really need to skip a break.
• Advanced option to change the amount of time the computer isn't being used to count as a natural break.
• Refined the break scheduler.
• Enhanced postpone and skip limits.
• Preferences window tweaks.
• Plus other improvements. Read the release notes on the Updates page in the app for full details.