It's becoming increasingly clear that our bodies were not built to spend hour after hour in a chair. Research shows that too much sitting is seriously detrimental to our health, and short bursts of exercise does not completely help with that.
Fortunately, there's a quick and easy solution to improve the situation a great deal! Just by taking regular breaks, you can undo much of the damage. Not only your back, shoulder, neck, arms and hands and eyes are helped by breaks, but also your general health.
By taking regular breaks, you can actually increase your productivity by becoming more focused and energized.
Break Reminder will help with this without getting in your way. Some of the features:
• Automatic detection of breaks. If you take a break yourself, you will not be interrupted.
• Optional fading out of the screen to make the break more effective.
• Optionally set the iChat status to let your friends or colleagues know you're away.
• Different themes for the break screen and optional tips on ergonomics and similar topics.
• Adjustable work and break period lengths.
• More features like support for the new Retina screens, using the secure Sandbox feature of OS X, and optionally starting automatically whenever you start your computer. Works with multi-monitor setups.
Get Break Reminder today and take control over your health!
• Optionally play a subtle sound before a break is coming up.
• Improve the progress indicator in the menubar icon to make it more visible when a break is coming up.
• The break alert window will be shown a little bit earlier to give you more time to prepare for the break.
• The break alert window can now be dismissed by clicking it to start the break right away.
• Fix an issue with "launch on login" if the app is renamed.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 09, 2013
- Healthcare & Fitness
- Tinybird Interactive AB
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (8)
- 9.5 MB