Mac OS Graphics & Design
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
• The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the machine learning-powered Auto Color Adjustments to automatically improve image colors
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Nondestructively customize the look of layers in your image using layer styles
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Pick out and edit precise parts of your images or copy objects from one image to another using a range of pixel-accurate selection tools
• Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink images sizes to the smallest possible
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Intelligently straighten images using horizon detection
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
• Share your images to the Photos app, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS High Sierra. Simply put, it's the ultimate Mac app. With a design that is totally and completely Mac, Pixelmator Pro feels instantly familiar from the moment you first launch the app.
Minimum System Requirements
Pixelmator Pro requires a Mac compatible with Metal 2 running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Pixelmator Pro 1.1.4 brings a bunch of gorgeous (and useful!) new effects, an ML-powered Auto Selective Color adjustment, a wide range of smaller new features and improvements, as well as a number of bug fixes and stability improvements. This little update is pretty big!
• Use the beautiful Light Leak effect to easily add a sunny, old school feel to any photo.
• Apply the stylish Bokeh effect to emulate the look of artistic camera blurs.
• The new Spin blur effect gives you a quick way to create a circular motion effect.
• Create digital noise in your images using the new Noise effect.
• More new effects — Threshold, Mask to Alpha, Clouds and a number of different Tile and Distort effects from the original Pixelmator.
• The Selective Color adjustment can now be applied automatically to improve image colors using machine learning.
• Change the histogram type when using the Colors Adjustments tool by Control-clicking the histogram and choosing a new type.
• The Auto White Balance and Auto Lightness adjustments have been improved — they preserve skin tones better and are also 30% faster.
• Added a keyboard shortcut (the O key) for the Show Original button in the Color Adjustments, Effects, and Styles tools.
• The Color Adjustments submenu now has Copy, Paste, Reset, and Flatten Adjustments options.
• The Effects submenu now has Copy, Paste, Reset, and Flatten Effects options.
• You can now add, copy, paste, reset, and flatten layer styles from the Format menu.
• With a number of new effects, we’ve tidied up the Effects submenu by splitting it up into categories.
• When rotating effect ropes, you can now hold down the Shift key to snap them to 45 degree intervals.
• Each of the copy, paste, reset, and flatten options are now also available when Control-clicking a layer in the Layers sidebar.
• The Arrange tool now has an Auto Select checkbox, letting you turn automatic layer selection on and off.
• When you Control-click a layer in the Layers sidebar, Convert into Shape and Convert into Pixels will now be available as options.
• When you adjust the Levels or Curves of an image and open the adjustment’s pop-up menu, you’ll see which channel — RGB, R, G, B, or Luminance — has been edited.
• When you adjust the Color Balance of an image and open the adjustment’s pop-up menu, you’ll see which portion — the Shadows, Midtones, or Highlights — has been edited.
• You can now drag images from the Image and Pattern fill effects into the Layers sidebar or a Finder window.
• The Touch Bar will now display whether your selected layer is locked or hidden, just like the Tool Options pane does.
• Imported images with no edits will now be closed without asking for confirmation.
• Pixelmator Pro will now automatically detect when new fonts have been installed while the app is open and add them to the font list.
• The properties of smart shapes (speech bubbles, arrows) will now be scaled correctly when resizing.
• The Grain adjustment would sometimes spill over outside of a layer after resizing an image. Fixed.
• The interface would sometimes flicker when resetting effects. Fixed.
• The effect rope would not work correctly in restored versions of documents.
• When the Import JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images option was off, PXM files would not be imported correctly. Fixed.
• When activating the Color Picker using the Option key, it would sometimes get stuck. Fixed.
• Layer groups in Photoshop documents will now be imported with Constrain Proportions turned on.
• A few different fixes improve the stability of Pixelmator Pro when opening certain PXD documents.
• Using the Color Selection and Color Fill tools in very small documents would make Pixelmator Pro quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Opening Photoshop documents with certain layer styles would make Pixelmator Pro quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
Think you've found a bug? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll fix it ASAP!