Softmatic® Pick™ is a handy little color picker with a loupe. It sits in the status bar on top of your screen and is invoked with a hotkey.
Using Pick is simple: You launch the loupe with ⇧+⌘+L and move over the region of interest on your screen. If you find a color you want to use, simply left click to copy the color definition to the clipboard. From the clipboard you paste the color definition in your favorite editor or Xcode.
Pick supports sixteen different color formats:
Use the Preferences… dialog to select the preferred format. If you then left-click the color under the loupe is copied to the clipboard in the preferred format. Should you need one of the other formats it can be selected via a right-click context menu.
You dismiss or cancel the loupe with the Space bar.
★ Features ★
• Sixteen different color specification formats
• Preferred format is automatically used with left-click, very efficient workflow
• Loupe works with multi monitor setups
• Totally free
★ NEW STUFF ★
• The color tag in the loupe now uses the preferred format.
★ FIXES ★
• There were some complaints about the red dot in the menu icon so we changed this.
• We investigated reports about not being able to get the context menu when using an external Magic Trackpad. This not a bug in Pick. Make sure to activate "Secondary click" in the trackpad preferences and select the option "Click with two fingers".
New features and fixes are based on user suggestions. Please use the "Feedback to Softmatic" menu option to submit feature requests. You can write in any language you want, we will try to make sense of it.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 24, 2012
- Graphics & Design
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (7)
- 0.5 MB