Mac OS Graphics & Design
mocsaic 2.0 -- GET MEDIEVAL ON YOUR PICTURES
"Mosaic" is the more refined sibling to our blockbuster "Photo Mosaic" app. It only uses color, and artists love the subtle results that Mosaic can achieve. Please read on for a more detailed description.
For the reading impaired:
We apologize for being unable to convey to you what this app does.
The classic mosaic is an image assembled from small pieces of colored stone, glass, ceramic or other materials. Creating a mosaic is an art that has been around for millennia in almost any culture. The ancient Persians loved them, as did the Romans, and the Greeks. Mosaics never have lost their appeal, and in modern times new subforms of mosaic have emerged.
WHAT IT IS
cf/x mosaic is a specialized application that helps you creating high-quality mosaics and makes it fun. Pop in a picture, change crop, hit GO. Its that easy. Twiddle with some settings, hit Go again. Its that fun. The greatest advantage of mosaic is that it invites you to experiment. It can create "classic" mosaics (images assembled from regular tiles) as easily as it creates modernistic assemblages of rectangles and lines. Even better, it creates great-looking, original, high resolution artwork even from low-resolution source images.
Here is a short-list of what is great about Mosaic:
• Creates high-quality (up to 100x100 inch at 300dpi) original artwork from small image sources
• Its Fast (capital "F". Less than 3 seconds for a 4900 tile mosaic, 10 seconds for a mosaic with 40000 tiles, 20 seconds at "insane" quality).
• Did we mention its fast? Really, really, fast?
• Many different kinds of mosaics
• Easy presets for instant good results
• Fully customizable mosaics
• Intuitive interface that invites you to experiment
• Fully integrated crop and aspect ratio management – no need to pre-crop an image
• Supports differently sized tiles
• Supports "messy" assembly that gives the mosaic a more organic look
• Export to most common image formats
• Integration with iPhoto, Aperture, Preview, Mail
• Direct upload to social web sites