This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Graphics & Design
Inkist takes the features artists need: Layers, blend modes, customizable brushes, tablet pressure support, and more, and packages it in an interface designed to launch quickly, get out of your way, and let you work.
At this time Inkist is purely a bitmap drawing/painting app (no vector tools).
• Layers, with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
• Color Palette with adjustable brightness and temperature controls
• Customizable Brush Parameters:
◦ Size (Under light tablet pressure)
◦ Pattern (from image or layer)
◦ Opacity (Under light tablet pressure)
◦ Size Jitter
◦ Lighten/Darken/Normal Blending
• Custom support for Wacom multitouch gestures.
• Blending tool
• Dodge/Burn blending with customizable strength for highlights, mid tones, and temperature adjustment
• Line tool
• Selection tools
• Hue Saturation Lightness controls
• Flexible interface allows you to pop out the controls you want into floating windows, or view controls on the left or right of the window
• Export to PSD*, Jpeg, PNG, and Tiff (proprietary ISImage file format is Native)
• Import PSD* files
• Layers are supported, but layer settings (blend modes, transparency settings) are not
• Layers above the bottom three layers will be flattened into the top Inkist layer
• Inkist may have trouble opening images significantly larger than Inkist's maximum canvas size
I wrote Inkist for one simple reason. I love my drawing tablet, but I've found that despite the fantastic power available in existing apps, they are cluttered and annoying to use. Inkist is the result of my work to fix that.
Screenshots Generously Provided by:
• Updated Interface and Icon
• Adds option to move tools to the right side of the window
• Improved performance for zooming and brushing
• Fixes bug where selection/text tools wouldn't work after changing canvas size
• Detached palettes now hide when Inkist is in the background
• Adds support for Wacom multitouch gestures (more gestures will come in the future)