Torment: Tides of Numenera
Mac OS Games
***Save 50% for a limited time***
Torment: Tides of Numenera is the thematic successor to Planescape: Torment, one of the most critically acclaimed and beloved role-playing games of all time. Torment: Tides of Numenera is a single-player, isometric, narrative-driven role-playing game set in Monte Cook’s Numenera universe, and brought to you by the creative team behind Planescape: Torment and the award-winning Wasteland 2.
• A Deep, Thematically Satisfying Story. The philosophical underpinnings of Torment drive the game, both mechanically and narratively. Your words, choices, and actions are your primary weapons.
• A World Unlike Any Other. Journey across the Ninth World, a fantastic, original setting, with awe-inspiring visuals, offbeat and unpredictable items to use in and out of battle, and stunning feats of magic. Powered by technology used in the award-winning Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment, the Numenera setting by Monte Cook provides endless wonders and impossibly imaginative locations for you to explore.
• A Rich, Personal Narrative. Thoughtful and character-driven, the story is epic in feel but deeply personal in substance, with nontraditional characters and companions whose motivations and desires shape their actions throughout the game.
• Reactivity, Replayability, and the Tides. Your choices matter, and morality in the Ninth World is not a simple matter of “right” and “wrong”. You will decide the fates of those around you, and characters will react to your decisions and reputation. The result is a deeply replayable experience that arises naturally from your actions throughout the game.
• A New Take on Combat. With the Crisis system, combat is more than just bashing your enemies. Plan your way through hand-crafted set-pieces which combine battles with environmental puzzles, social interaction, stealth, and more.
• OS: Mac OSX 10.8 or higher (64 bit)
• Processor: Intel i5 series or equivalent
• Memory: 4 GB RAM
• Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 700M series or equivalent
• Storage: 15 GB available space
Torment: Tides of Numenera © 2017 inXile entertainment Inc. Published by Techland Publishing. Torment, the Torment: Tides of Numenera logos, and inXile entertainment and the inXile entertainment logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of inXile entertainment Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Numenera, the Numenera logo, and the MCG logo are trademarks of Monte Cook Games LLC. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
• New Companion: Oom. Oom is a new stretch goal character who you will discover on your journey through the Ninth World. Oom features its own companion quest, "Servant of the Tides", its own unique abilities for use in combat and exploration, and interactions with various characters throughout the game.
• Added the Voluminous Codex. This new stretch goal feature unlocks lore and character entries as you explore the game world.
• Added a new user interface element to the Inventory Screen which makes it easier to view companion attitudes toward the Last Castoff.
• Added a new user interface element to the Common Panel which better messages the Last Castoff's current Legacy.
• Players can now advance to Tier 5 and Tier 6, allowing players to spend their Experience Points more in the later game. This also allows the Last Castoff to gain abilities from other character types.
• Various balance improvements to Crisis gameplay throughout the game.
• Various balance improvements to exploration gameplay, especially in the later stages of the game.
• Added zoom in/out key binding to the Options Menu. This allows players without mouse wheels to remap the zoom functions.
• Cypher Sickness initialization is now delayed until after Equipment initialization. This should prevent issues where loading a save file where equipment was preventing a cypher explosion would cause input to freeze up (fix may not be retroactive).
• Remove all non-gameplay Fettles from companions when they're removed from the party. This should prevent certain freezes from occurring.
• Numerous small UI fixes.
• Numerous small quest fixes.