This War of Mine
Mac OS Games
The universe of This War of Mine has been expanded by two DLCs:
- The Little Ones - explores the hardships of wartime survival as seen from an entirely new perspective - that of a child.
- The Father's Promise - a heartbreaking tale of loss and hope in a war-torn city, opening a season of brand new independent Stories, with the second episode coming in 2018.
In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.
The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them for longer-term survival. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.
This War of Mine: Anniversary Edition
It's been two years since This War of Mine global release and we're still expanding the experience. This new free DLC, created especially for the Anniversary Edition, adds new characters, new locations to explore, and most importantly - a whole new ending, leading to a different outcome to the game. The dilemma though remains the same – how far will you go, to protect the ones you care about?
• Inspired by real-life events
• Control your survivors and manage your shelter
• Craft weapons, alcohol, beds or stoves – anything that helps you survive
• Make decisions - an often unforgiving and emotionally difficult experience
• Randomized world and characters every time you start a new game
• Charcoal-stylized aesthetics to complement the game's theme
By any means necessary.
Is this a game you want to play? No. Is it a game anyone with a beating heart should play? Yes. A million times yes.
This, right here, this is what a video game as a work of art looks like.
*Please be aware that the game is not compatible with all integrated graphics cards available in Mac computers. We cannot ensure that the game will run smoothly on every configuration out there. Recommended GPU - minimum 512 MB of dedicated VRAM.
- Stability improvements and fixes
- Scavenge locations in The Little Ones scenarios fixed
- Korean translations are fixed - we had some misleading / incorrect Korean lines in game - it's fixed now
- Animation fixes for Japanese, Chinese and Korean versions of the game - there were some smaller animation glitches here and there for these language versions. Now everything should be back to normal
This War of Mine: Stories are three new stories set in the world of ‘This War of Mine’. The first of them, ‘Father’s Promise’, is available right away, and two more are coming later in 2018. You can buy each of the Stories separately or buy a Season Pass. The Season Pass grants you access to all three Stories.
First Story: Father's Promise:
Father's Promise DLC is an original tale set in the world of This War of Mine. It tells a story of family’s struggle to preserve the last pieces of humanity in times of despair and cruelty.
Become Adam - a father trying to save his daughter from the horrors of war and leave the besieged city. Follow their steps and discover a story of love, hate and sacrifice - the emotions we all share in the darkest of days.
DLC offers a brand new, distinctive experience with additional game mechanics and several hours of thought-provoking gameplay. It is also the opening of the first season of This War of Mine: Stories. The next episodes will follow in 2018.
The Father's Promise DLC introduces:
- A brand new storyline based on an audio-drama written by the famous Polish author, Łukasz Orbitowski
- 4 completely new locations
- 5 reconstructed and remastered locations
- Set of new game mechanics: dialogue and clue searching systems