OOTP Baseball 12
"The only baseball sim I've ever gotten addicted to..." - Curt Schilling
~~~ Now 75% off, save $30! ~~~
Out of the Park Baseball 12 is an award-winning baseball simulation that GameSpot called "the best baseball management sim out there". OOTP offers unparalleled flexibility in creating your own baseball world. Play solo with a baseball world of your own creation: make a simple, 8-team league, play a typical major league game with 2011 rosters, create a historical league with real players from any year between 1871 and 2010 or build an enormous world with baseball leagues in multiple countries. For the ultimate challenge, join an online league and test your mettle against other human players!
OOTP 12 is the closest most people can get to being the general manager of a real baseball team. Handle GM tasks like drafts, trades, scouting, waivers, team finances and personnel. Negotiate player contracts. Or, dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy. You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing pitch by pitch.
Players in OOTP are rated across multiple skills, and include individual personalities and custom faces created with FaceGen technology. OOTP players progress realistically over time. Try to build a team through the draft, or try to sign big free agents to put you over the top! OOTP also has a powerful news engine that generates personal messages and news articles. Behind all of this is an incredibly powerful statistical engine that tracks an enormous number of statistics for each player in your world. Want to know how your star hitter is doing against righties with runners in scoring position? No problem!
New Features in OOTP 12:
- 2011 Opening Day major leagues roster set
- New financial system & contract negotiations
- Great league newspaper screen
- New international scouting
- More realistic historical leagues with real life transactions & lineups
- Brand new AI engine & improvements
- Much more, over 100 new features & improvements
OOTP 12 also has a vibrant and helpful user community, and an active one that creates a vast number of user customizations that you can use to further improve your gaming experience, including special roster sets, logos, player images, and more.
- Fixed an issue where the winner of the playoffs was not properly highlighted in the league history
- Fixed an issue which caused the owner to take away (or add) cash to the team budget despite the 'owner controls budget' being turned off
- Fixed rare crash when adding a new manager in online leagues
- When negotiating with free agents, the negotiation screen now displays your previous offer
- Players on waivers can no longer be offered contract extensions
- Players who were just released cannot be signed by their former team
- When setting the scouting / development budget, cash on hand can be used if the projected balance is negative
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 04, 2012
- Out of the Park Developments
- 270.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (15)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (38)