This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Games
*** Limited time discount: 50% off! ***
GhostControl, Inc is an awesome game! [...] I can’t recommend it more highly! - Guy Rainey, Operation Rainfall, Full review: http://bit.ly/1gUtZQn
Besides the fact that I can’t seem to put it down, “GhostControl Inc.” fulfills my childhood fantasy of running my very own ghost hunting business nicely. - Vincent Paone, Dad's Gaming Addiction, Full review: http://bit.ly/NXj8Nb
There’s one word that continues to come to mind the more I play GhostControl Inc.: Charming. This game has an undeniable charm that oozes from the fantastic pixel art, silly wording, and simple but tough strategy elements. As long as you’re willing to go broke a few times, there’s tons of fun to be had while playing. Go forth and exterminate ghosts! - Markus Estrada, Cliqist.com, Full review: http://bit.ly/1jV3nSh
Manage a team of ghosthunters and free London from paranormal terror in turn-based battles. Develop your own strategy and build your business well.
Let's be honest - a ghost in your house can be a real pest. For centuries we have accepted hauntings as unexplained phenomena which we can do little to stop. Side affects of living in a haunted home can include sleepless nights, headaches, smog everywhere and in some cases even physical damage in the house.
Enough is enough, with your help we intend to put an end to these paranormal pests. Build, manage and develop your own team of talented ghost hunters.
With the income from your team's work you can equip them with some amazing gadgets, but manage your budget with care not everything is as useful as it may appear. Hunt your customers ghosts down - property damage should be kept to a minimum. Take on the ghosts, follow the map, take in the lovely sites and stunning landmarks.
Be the hero of the day and save the city!
The developers of GhostControl Inc. are big fans of classic games such as GhostBusters, the original XCOM, Theme Hospital and FTL.
In it's classic pixel art retro style the game comes with outstanding original graphics and a funny story line.
Be the hero of the day and save the city!
- True, challenging turn-based strategy gameplay
- Loads of ghost hunting with various equipment
- Team management and strategic investment decisions
- A London city map with famous landmarks
- Tons of humour in text messages and game action
- Original game music soundtrack
GhostControl Inc. Backstage - Some data
London Map pixeled in 786,432 dots with several well known buildings like Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral and many more.
Different level settings like apartment, office, graveyard, The Tube or restaurant will create different challenges for the player.
About 20 hours of game play.
18 different ghost types and numerous variations with nifty AI. Challenging boss fights with special scripting and a story line for each of them.
More than 58 achievements.
Alarm phone calls start a mission with a unique dialogue systems that creates about 70,000 unique dialogues. On top 800 hand written crazy phone call lines for surprises and to develop the story line.
More than 350 funny context sensitive shoutouts that pop up in speech bubbles and as audio, recorded with female and male voices of professional voice actors.
Over 100 hidden references to other classical video games, movies or books are hidden as text or graphics in the game.
We have created over 90 devices of which most are actually useful in the game and a few dozen are actually pretty useless, but funny.
About 100 news messages are sent to the in-game smartphone to tell players about the story line or some absurd 100% made up stories that the player may or may not read. Also presenting 20 manufacturers of ghost hunting equipment in company profiles.
Original music score composed by Sound Of Games.
Hand crafted original sound effects.
Encouraged by feedback from 1,000's of players and the press alike we've decided to improve the game with loads of features. New ghost "Berserker", exploding items, chain reactions and tons of other features, improvements and bugfixes.
- New ghost type "Berserker" adds a new enemy with challenging skills.
- Exploding items like TVs and other devices add a new strategic element when it comes to hunting ghosts.
- Potential explosive chain reactions can cause players to rethink their strategies.
- Expanded "dripping" feature for champions of first two phases. This allows them to make the floor wet and hunters can slip and are slower therefore.
- In-Game smartphone includes a mute button.
- Added screen resolution adjustments to the options menu.
- Partial healing available in hospital to manage costs.
- Gas station does not force player to a full refill.
- Optimized Windows Mode.
- Tutorial mission can be skipped now.
- Smartphone automatically closes when new mission starts.
- Removed auto pause at midnight (game time).
- In-game clock keeps speed when players start driving and doesn't automatically revert to normal speed.
- Some GUI improvements.
- HQ Radio smaller to save screen space.
- Major rework of equipment shop interface.
- Improved equipment screen on in-game smartphone.
- Debuff and panic visualized in hunter portraits.
- Clearer graphics for menu buttons.
- Improved over all performance.
- Changes in game balancing
- Spawn factor for Liches reduced.
- Ghosts are less likely to become Champions.
- Reduced spawns of Pest/Swarmling, but strengths of ghosts increased.
- Higher cost for expansion room.
- Changes for achievements.
- Weakened competition.
- More money at start of a game.
- Reduced maximum ghost number at start of mission four.