Mac OS Finance
Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more.
∞ HOME PAGE
This is an overview of your finances. The information shown includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions and reminders, and exchange rate information. Clicking on an account or choosing an account from the drop-down account list will take you to the register for that account, where you can enter transactions or reconcile the account against a statement. Clicking on a transaction reminder will display a window where you can automatically record the transaction.
∞ ONLINE BANKING
Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. View the full list of supported direct-download banks at http://moneydance.com/fi Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for download and bill payment services.
∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS
The account register is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, but the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. The payee auto-complete feature makes it easier to enter and categorize your transactions.
Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices can be downloaded automatically.
You can set up a payment schedule for single or recurring transactions so you'll never miss a payment.
Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or saved to PNG image files.
Set spending targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the home page or in detailed graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed "envelope method" to specify expenses for each period and your to-the-minute status is shown with over-budget items highlighted. Moneydance will help you set a target and stick to it!
Enable file syncing to share or collaborate on a data file across multiple computers. Whether sharing with your partner or accountant, syncing your data will provide secure efficient access to your accounts from any computer.
∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY
Start typing a transaction description into the search field and Moneydance will intelligently fill in the details based on natural language date parsing and your history. For example, typing "1.23 sta" will display a transaction entry panel with the name Starbucks, category "Coffee", today’s date under the last account to have a transaction for Starbucks. The description, category and account are filled in based on your history.
Attach images, PDFs, and other such files to transactions by dragging the file into the register. Clicking an attachment thumbnail will open it in an appropriate application.
When you're on the go, you can use the Moneydance mobile app to enter or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with your desktop. Available for free in the app store for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
As usual Moneydance has fantastic support for online banking & bill payment, credit card & bank account management, budgeting, investing, mobile app and computer-to-computer syncing, and much more. Moneydance 2017.6 brings further improvements including:
* Improved investment portfolio screen layout
* Updated Stock Quotes and Exchange Rate updater to use Alphavantage.co
* Streamline online banking setup process
* Tweak connection headers to satisfy BBVA Compass online banking server
* Improve interface for opening a synced file
* When finding autocompletion matches, allow matches from other accounts if no similar transactions were found in the current account
* Updated Python interpreter to version 2.7.1
* Added CA certificates to enable connections to more online services including Alphavantage.co, Capital One Investing, and others.
* Fixed translate currencies tool window
* Mute dropbox notifications when writing sync files unless debug flag is set (such as when console window is open)
* Security detail transaction register now remembers column width settings
* Clicking the blank area at the bottom of a register (such as in the reconciliation window) no longer treats it as a click on the last transaction
* Fixed bug that prevented changing the rate for an existing currency or security history entry via the API (such as the Security Price Entry extension)
* Improvements to online transaction confirmation options (removing redundant merge option)
* Better handle erroneous transactions when loading data to prevent sync loops
* Tweak mac app bundle info to workaround missing menubar on high sierra in non-English locales
* Fix About Moneydance window to always show the correct build number
* Fix Welcome to Moneydance window to always show the correct build number
* Work around macOS High Sierra bug that caused a crash when certain file chooser windows are invoked
* Fix bug preventing correct entry of share values for securities with 10 or more digits
* Fix bug preventing auto-categorisation of downloaded transactions that have a very short (under 4 characters) description