Moneydance Personal Finance Manager
Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more.
∞ HOME PAGE
This is an overview of your finances. The information shown includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions and reminders, and exchange rate information. Clicking on an account or choosing an account from the drop-down account list will take you to the register for that account, where you can enter transactions or reconcile the account against a statement. Clicking on a transaction reminder will display a window where you can automatically record the transaction.
∞ ONLINE BANKING
Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. View the full list of supported direct-download banks at http://moneydance.com/fi Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for download and bill payment services.
∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS
The account register is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, but the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. The payee auto-complete feature makes it easier to enter and categorize your transactions.
Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices can be downloaded automatically.
You can set up a payment schedule for single or recurring transactions so you'll never miss a payment.
Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or saved to PNG image files.
Set spending targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the home page or in detailed graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed "envelope method" to specify expenses for each period and your to-the-minute status is shown with over-budget items highlighted. Moneydance will help you set a target and stick to it!
∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY
Start typing a transaction description into the search field and Moneydance will intelligently fill in the details based on natural language date parsing and your history. For example, typing "1.23 sta" will display a transaction entry panel with the name Starbucks, category "Coffee", today’s date under the last account to have a transaction for Starbucks. The description, category and account are filled in based on your history. Confirm and record the suggested transaction with a single click or use the suggested interpretation as a starting point to edit the new transaction.
Attach images, PDFs, and other such files to transactions by dragging the file onto a transaction. Thumbnail versions of graphical attachments are shown inline in the register. Clicking an attachment thumbnail will open it in an appropriate application.
When you're on the go, you can use the Moneydance mobile app to enter or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with your desktop. Available for free in the app store for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
* Fix to HTTP cookie handling and added Entrust Certificate Authority, allowing connections to Edward Jones brokerage.
* Allow bank account OFX files to be imported into investment accounts
* Quick-entry of transactions uses the correct direction (deposit vs payment) depending upon the direction of previous transactions with the same description
* Fixed behaviour of new-transaction action in investment accounts if the normal or bank register hasn't yet been selected
* When importing data directly from Quicken Essentials, use the current locale to determine the base currency
* Drag-and-drop is now used to reorder items when editing the items in the check number list
* Allow investment accounts (such as Morgan Stanley Smith Barney) that are presented as bank accounts from OFX servers to still download
* Run QIF import in the background to avoid freezing the UI if imports take longer than a few milliseconds
* Account/category popover is now at least as wide as the register column that spawned it
* Fixed layout of security selector in the security details panel
* Fix HTTP redirection handling, which recently affected the quotes/rates extension
* No longer show useless square brackets around tags in the split transaction window
* Added option to use bank or local dates when merging downloaded transactions
* Un-invert prices of downloaded transactions that are automatically added to the security history
* Show a scaled down copy of the window instead of the app icon when minimised to the dock
* Fixed archiving when option to only removed cleared transactions is selected.
* Now include thousands separators in amounts on printed checks
If you find Moneydance useful, please consider leaving a review in the app store. It really helps!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 6 days ago
- The Infinite Kind Limited
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (5)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (47)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Moneydance Personal Finance Manager
• SketchTo - Sketch & Share Your Ideas, Quickly!
• SyncSpace Free: Collaborative Zoomable Canvas
• SyncSpace: Collaborative Zoomable Whiteboard